Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to get the TRD S-Runner body kit but something I read in other posts confused me. People talked about needing parts from the original bumper to go with the kit. I thought the kit replaced the existing front bumper but some of the other posts make it sound like the kit just adds on to the existing front bumper. Can anyone tell me which one it is. Thanks,
Rich

D

·
0 Posts
Re: 7 Piece Body Kit

Juzwick:

I haven't seen TRD's ground FX kit in person, only in pictures, but it's my understanding the front lower facia is a piece which overlaps and recontours the existing bumper. The bumper continues doing the job of protecting the Tacoma's face, while the cladding just makes the face prettier to look at.

Or I'm wrong.

Rad

·
Premium Member
1,288 Posts

The metal portion of the bumper needs to be 2001+ model and it will remain in place. The lower valance (plastic portion) will be replaced by the new ground effects piece.

D

·
0 Posts

from what ive been told there is no 7 peice kit only a 5... ive been told by lots of sources. i know you can find pictures of it and stuff and even sites that sell it but if im wrong let me know.....pls dont say you can buy just because you saw it on a site

1 - 4 of 4 Posts