Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So one of my best friends fathers just bought an 03 extended cab prerunner and the original owner included a TRD Exhaust system with the truck. The story is the exhaust was originally on the truck but the owner took it and other mods off of the truck and made it back stock before he sold it. The exhaust was included for a mere 150 bucks but my friends dad decided that he doesnt want to install the exhaust on the truck and he told me I could buy it for 150 which is a killer deal...but I currently have a super 40 flowmaster (single in/out) on my truck and I think it has a nice tone to it. How does the flowmaster muffler compare to the TRD exhaust system? Which one has the deepest tone and which one is louder? I've gotten a lot of compliments on the sound of my truck but for 150 bucks, its kind of hard to pass it up knowing that the TRD could sound better than the flowmaster. I've heard a clip of the TRD and by comparing it to my truck, it sounds about the same. Can anyone help me out here?

·
Registered
573 Posts
every truck is different of course.....but I had the TRD exhaust on my 1998 3.4lTacoma and the way I can describe the sound is muffled yet throaty. It didn't sound ricey at all, but it was considerably more muffled than my 3.4l 4runner with a manaflow 2.5 inch in/out. every magnaflow or flowmaster system i've heard sounded more wide open and raspier than the TRD system i once had. prolly doesn't help much but thats just what i think. i liked the trd exhaust alot and would do one again for the right price.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts