Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While racing i did notice a few times that after flooring off the line (automatic) that it would peel and suddenly pop into neutral and my rev's would go skyhigh from being fullthrottle in neutral.... any idea what this means??

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
I dunno... never had that problem... do you have a column shift or a floor shift... actually if you have a column shift it tends to shift to nutrual cause of the heavy vibration from what I am guessing..cause sometime if I hit a nasty bump it shifts to N.. but on the track I've always torqued shift.. got better times on that... going from L to 2 to O/D off... I dunno dude if you have a floor shift

·
Premium Member
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My apologies.. whats column shift and whats floor shift??

·
Registered
282 Posts
Is it on the wheel or comin out of the floor....

·
Premium Member
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ahh!! i know what you're talking about!! Yeah.. that thing is sticking out of the floor... you think something inthere could be worn down??

Thanks for the input!

·
Registered
311 Posts
I'm not completely sure but there may be a cable linkage, it may need to be adjusted. I would check with my dealer or local Tchnician.

·
Premium Member
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
WOuld you say it could be something major?? The dealers are dang expensive.. they charge $75 just for estimates!! I'm thinking it's putting too much power in the wheels and the gear just slips. i dunno.. racing damage?

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
now from viewing your pic on the gallery.. did it slip before your accident??? cause you might of jerked something out of place when you hit something.. did you hit a pole???

·
Premium Member
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hmm... come to think of it.. yes it did slip before that... incident.. and it was a pole.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Dude you truck is a 2000 you have warranty take advantage of it, it's cost was included with the price of your truck. I already have gotten new front brakes and rotors, seat tracks for passengers side seat (it was vibrating and driving me nuts), one tire replaced for road hazard, etc. I beleive in dealer servicing, sure it costs a bit more but you may be missing out on free repairs. After all it is your baby treat it good and it will take care of you for a long time.

·
Premium Member
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah i tried.. but then it's already out of warrenty for shakes and rattles.. taht was don eat 20k.. i'm already just about to push 40k!

·
Registered
311 Posts
This is most likely a driveline problem, unless it falls under adjustments. If you had a complaint that was unresolved before, they may fix it under their "good wiil" policy.

·
Premium Member
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hmm.. good idea.. i'll ttry that. Understandably no one wants to drive a car with a potential problem... thanks Woggie!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts