Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so for the last few weeks ive been having trouble going into 5th gear at times. from fourth to 5th it gets blocked at 5th and it doesnt really grind but i feel the vibration. i would press on the clutch and try it again and it wont work unless i put it back into fourth gear. any one else had or have this problem and does any one know what it is?

·
Registered
215 Posts
the 05's are known for tranny problems, I wouldn't be surprised if it continued to 06. Take it in and get a new tranny.

·
Registered
215 Posts
My problems actually originated with the 5th gear doing a rough shift and escalated from there, after that it was 2nd and 3rd....

·
Banned
819 Posts
weird ... i had that problem when i go like 80...it like grinds but dont...its weird huh? like i take it out and put it back in...its weird i bet if i take it to the dealer they will say "i was racing"

·
Registered
41 Posts
i been havin those problems but then i baught some redline mt-90 and changed the tranny oil and i dont have that problem anymore maby thall help all of you out!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
hey guys i have a question bout the tranny .. so on the tranny am i supposed to used mt90 ?? how bout for the diff. ? is it 75w90 ?? with lsd additive ??? thnx

1 - 7 of 7 Posts