Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My tire pressure warning light has been on since 150 miles, so im guessing its malfunctioning since I have correct tire pressure in the tires.

I am running a spare right now, but it wasnt running a spare at the time, I have tried to reset it, but got nothing.

I kind of offroaded a bit in my 06 Taco, 2wd, so is toyota going to flag my truck for the caked on dirt underneath that I cant get all off? Also in the engine bay its pretty dirty.

-Josh

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well im probally going to endup needing to replace the sensors, so is it going to be a problem to goto toyota? will they flag my truck for being offroaded?

·
Registered
68 Posts
darksc00by said:
well im probally going to endup needing to replace the sensors, so is it going to be a problem to goto toyota? will they flag my truck for being offroaded?
There is no policy against off-roading, especially when they advertise these trucks they way they do. Have you tried touching up the tires with air? Temps are dropping everywhere (unless you live in FL or HI), and your tire pressure will drop when it gets colder. It may just be a false reading that you could correct with a zap of air into your tires.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
screbr said:
There is no policy against off-roading, especially when they advertise these trucks they way they do. Have you tried touching up the tires with air? Temps are dropping everywhere (unless you live in FL or HI), and your tire pressure will drop when it gets colder. It may just be a false reading that you could correct with a zap of air into your tires.
Well the problem is I live in FL, but its a reccuring event, its been going on for a year, with me trying to reset it all the time, could it be that I only have 4 tires? I am not running my spare, but thats been since about 8000 miles.

I had all 5 tires fully aired, and ready when I tried to reset at 200 mi.

·
Registered
220 Posts
darksc00by said:
, could it be that I only have 4 tires? I am not running my spare, but thats been since about 8000 miles.

I had all 5 tires fully aired, and ready when I tried to reset at 200 mi.
Uh yes.. you need all 5 tires presures read for the system to turn off the light.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Also, just a warning to people who want to change there rims - the TPWS sensors are located in the wheels so if you change them the light will always be on unless you put sensors in your new wheels. I found this out when I switched to my winter wheels and tires on the weekend.... :rolleyes:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts