Toyota Tacoma Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2020 TRD OFFROAD
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I replaced my grill with another basically just like the OEM OR grill but in black not grey and it came with 3 amber rapture lights but I had to swap out the logo with another but ever since my TSS will not work, or my cruise because of a sensor that needs cleaning. The new emblem didn't fit great so I epoxies it around the edge but not the center to keep it in place. Did that screw it up.
Car Vehicle Grille Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

·
Registered
3,781 Posts
If you turn on cruise control then long-press the cruise control button it should switch to regular cruise instead of the Radar assisted system.

I'm not sure what to do about your aftermarket grille and emblem. Obviously, they are causing an issue with the radar sensor, so the only logical thing is to revert to stock...

·
Registered
2020 TRD OFFROAD
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you turn on cruise control then long-press the cruise control button it should switch to regular cruise instead of the Radar assisted system.

I'm not sure what to do about your aftermarket grille and emblem. Obviously, they are causing an issue with the radar sensor, so the only logical thing is to revert to stock...
I'm talking to the seller and he's trying to help. What I need is a new grill because the logo he sent me isn't working. The grill is fine and lights wired in and black and I could go back if I had too but I've found another identical but you use your old logo not one he sent that doesn't fit his own grill. Thanks. Yes, I learned from Toyota I can use regular cruise. They wanted to recalibrate it but turn it off for $600. No thanks, ill work it out. Worst case the other grill is $168 so I'll save $432 and not take it in the shorts by those conmen.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts