Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if any of you guys have touched up your flares or front bumpers. Post some pics and what touch up paint you used...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
96 Posts
My rear flares need it BAD!! Went to the dealership, they said alot of the X's they have seen have this same problem. In fact, one of the shop guys that has an X showed me what he did. He put the clear film that people use for clear bras on the affected area. Looked great. Im going to do the same thing as soon as i get it repainted. $100 for both.
 

·
StepSIde
Joined
·
3,295 Posts
All the time with Toyota Touch Up Paint from the dealership....:brickknoc
 

·
StepSIde
Joined
·
3,295 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
216 Posts
will toyota cover the paint chip under warranty? my front end and my flare are all chipped up. toyotas paint are really cheap.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
When I mentioned the crappy X paint to one of our body shop guys, he was like "We can always shoot a few more coats of clear on it for ya."

I love workin for a dealership sometimes. :D
 

·
www.LiquidAss.com
Joined
·
3,345 Posts
1Slow97 said:
When I mentioned the crappy X paint to one of our body shop guys, he was like "We can always shoot a few more coats of clear on it for ya."

I love workin for a dealership sometimes. :D
Not always a good solution...




I had a full repaint and have a lifetime warranty :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
103 Posts
xue-runner said:
will toyota cover the paint chip under warranty? my front end and my flare are all chipped up. toyotas paint are really cheap.
The southeast toyot district rep told me that the rear flares are covered under the 3year 36k warranty
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
96 Posts
MasterTech said:
The southeast toyot district rep told me that the rear flares are covered under the 3year 36k warranty
So what did he say that you had to do. just go into the dealership and they will repaint your flares for free? have you tried to do it? If you havent, let me know when you do and what happened!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
103 Posts
jankynutz said:
So what did he say that you had to do. just go into the dealership and they will repaint your flares for free? have you tried to do it? If you havent, let me know when you do and what happened!
I was working there at the time but i quiet, also my dealer had a body shop, you may not be so lucky in that case they will sublet to a shop in town.

All you have to do is go in and say look at this mess! And if your still under 3 years or 36k they shouldn't give you any problems, but if they do then ask to speak with the service manager, and if he gives you greif then i gues you will have to take that up with toyota.
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top