Toyota Tacoma Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, me again. I decided to stick with 31x tires... but which ones!! Look at these three different tires... But consider the following parameters....

1) Functionality
2) Tread life
3) Cost

This is the scenario... I'm planning on doing minor offroading, but then for the most part i'm racing all over town and driving 500 miles a week from SB to SD... I like the offroad tread.. and it would be max traction for offroading, but then what happens when i race?? or drive long distances? How long is the tread going to last?? Will i lost speed by going with an offroad tire vs. a street tire?

Dang.. decisions and quesitons.. thanks everyone!

·
Registered
186 Posts
oh yeah ...you wont lose any speed between those tires ...your truck has a good amount of power and torque bro ...add some headers and exhaust and you'll be on your way..i wouldnt change your gears if you never creep when you 4-wheel..like rock crawling ..you sound like your in to baja style offroading and since you don't have a 4x4 you wont want to do any climbing anyways..downey susp is among some of the dest made components you can get ...as for headers and exhaust (downey) i've heard there not very impressive ...i believe L.C makes some for the 6

·
Premium Member
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I thinkLC is still developing them.. i hear from this forum they'll be out in a couple weeks or something.. but i'm looking forward to that.. so about the tires?? anyone else?? the more input the better!! Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
73 Posts
BFGoodrich All-terrain sounds like the perfect tire for you.. Not too loud, the new ones look good, grip well, and last a LONG time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts