Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My tire pressure indicator light came on the other morning when it was like 30 degrees where and hasn't gone off. I checked all tire pressures and some where 2-3 psi low so I inflated them... still on. I read in the manual and here on the forums about resetting it by putting the ignition to the ON position and holding the reset button for 3 seconds.

Am I blind??? I don't see a reset button... :brickknoc I tried the trip reset button but no dice.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Re: Tire Pressure Indicator - Reset?

Its right underneath the steering wheel, follow the center and go down to where the front dash dissappears into the foot well. Now what PSI did you set them to and also.. did you check the spare?

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

BatuKing said:
Its right underneath the steering wheel, follow the center and go down to where the front dash dissappears into the foot well. Now what PSI did you set them to and also.. did you check the spare?
I didn't check the spare b/c I was on my way to work. I think I set them to 35psi. Thanks for the info on the button - I'll look for it this afternoon but will try to check the spare first in case that's the prob.

·
Registered
41 Posts

I ran into the same issue this weekend with the light not going off..... i had to take my spare off and fill it up some more..... it went off shortly after but what a pain in the @$$!!

·
Registered
172 Posts

I had the light go on, luckily it was just one of my normal tires a tad low (not the spare) It seemed all my tires were on the low side. I had just bought the truck and hadn't checked them.

Anyway, after reading on here, it sounded like 35/36 was a good number so I set them all to that. The light went off.... that lead to an idea.....

It would seem that the light is for a LOW indication and not a HIGH indication. So i was thinking, set all your pressures to something like 20, calibrate the sensors, then up them to whatever.

of course this bypasses the point of them, but I don't care if my tire goes from 35 down to 32. I just wanna know when it's REALLY low.

.... or not :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts