Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Tacorpulent HP
2,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, it finally came in, and i went straight to it. Needless to say i feel like a did a fairly good job for the first time doing it. The first window (left) ended up with a few tiny bubbles that are unnoticeable unless you get within about a foot of the glass. The second window (Right) has zero bubbles, at least from what i can see, but it is slightly shifted so there is a very small, about 2mm wide and 3 inch long crack that lets in light, but i patched the hole so it is hardly noticeable. Anyway....First pic the little dots are the outside of the window because i forgot to wash the outside, and the top right is a piece that i forgot to tuck back in, but it thank god didnt yield any bubbles.

·
Premium Member
10,387 Posts
Can't wait to see it in person :D That's a fix it ticket waiting to happen though LOL... You gone super limo :lol:

·
Tacorpulent HP
2,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Gadget said:
EXCELLENT!!

Gadget
Oh ya thanks big time to Gadget and the URD crew. There was a discrepency in the order and he made sure to get it out and it was here right on time and quick as hell :waytogo:

·
Registered
688 Posts
looks good. You should have taken that Toyota theft deterent system sticker off first.

·
Tacorpulent HP
2,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
matt's06xrunner said:
looks good. You should have taken that Toyota theft deterent system sticker off first.
ya that thought actually did cross my mind, but i figured id make my window look as OEM as possible so a dumb cop might see that and say "oh well it has the toyota sticker on it so it must be ok" :lol:

·
Premium Member
10,387 Posts
Xacto said:
ya that thought actually did cross my mind, but i figured id make my window look as OEM as possible so a dumb cop might see that and say "oh well it has the toyota sticker on it so it must be ok" :lol:
I've heard of stickers adding HP, but never heard it'll get you out of a ticket LOL... If it ever happens, you'd make history in the world of modding LOL...

·
Tacorpulent HP
2,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
KAuss said:
I've heard of stickers adding HP, but never heard it'll get you out of a ticket LOL... If it ever happens, you'd make history in the world of modding LOL...
:D:waytogo:

actually when i got back from the gym i noticed that the windows seemed kinda foggy from the outside and i nearly shat my pants, until i got home and read that they are foggy for about 3 days. whew

·
Premium Member
10,387 Posts
You know not to roll them down either right? Window lock yourself before you screw up and do it by accident... You probably know that though :D

·
Tacorpulent HP
2,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
KAuss said:
You know not to roll them down either right? Window lock yourself before you screw up and do it by accident... You probably know that though :D
ya i caught myself right before i did it coming back from the gym. I was exhausted and wanted some fresh cool air and right as my finger almost pulled the trigger my brain said "FOOOOCKKK NOOO!" :lol:

·
www.LiquidAss.com
3,345 Posts
So, was it tougher than you thought?
Is there any kind of warranty with this stuff?

KAuss said:
In NJ, if you have the right stickers, they go a LONG way.
A "few" miles over the limit, and all I got was a warning "note":D

·
Tacorpulent HP
2,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Gadget said:
Comments like that might cost you a couple of donuts...

Gadget

bwahahahha :evil:

And BRB i was actually expecting it to be harder than what i experienced. Like i said before going into it, i am extremely meticulous when it comes to things like this and im very weary about it. Anywho, gotta thank ya for the help that you gave :waytogo:

·
www.LiquidAss.com
3,345 Posts
Xacto said:
bwahahahha :evil:

And BRB i was actually expecting it to be harder than what i experienced. Like i said before going into it, i am extremely meticulous when it comes to things like this and im very weary about it. Anywho, gotta thank ya for the help that you gave :waytogo:

I just ask because I used to tint windows too, but in buildings, and the lack of space in the back of the Taco made me scrap the idea of doing it myself. (I started with the rear windows since they would be the hardest for me)

I may take my tint off (35% all around) and have it done over again. It's pretty banged up from the guys when they painted my truck. They left a few gashes in it, but it's not noticeable unless you REALLY look for it.

·
Registered
127 Posts
looks like theres a problem in the top corner on the driver side, might just be the photo. :shrug:

·
Tacorpulent HP
2,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
LBSLOCALS said:
looks like theres a problem in the top corner on the driver side, might just be the photo. :shrug:
ya if you read what i said, a piece was folded back, and not tucked under the gasket when i took the pic but i tucked it under after the pic

·
damn
6,533 Posts
looks good..I tried it once and failed miserably..LOL i pay people to do it now

1 - 19 of 19 Posts