Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
ChocoTaco
2,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm seriously thinking about getting these rims. Anyone have pictures of them ON their trucks? Also did any of you have mantanance issues with them? on the MT site it says that these rims are not coated in any way. I'm the type of guy that never washes my truck... they're not gonna be discolored or anything like that are they?

·
vv Scarlet Begonia vv
1,644 Posts
i have them. maintaining them can be tough if you want to keep them looking brand new. im not too keen on keeping them shiny. they've taken alot of abuse through the years but they still look fine. i use a neutral ph balance wheel cleaner to wash away the usuall crap that builds up on them and if i'm not too lazy i'll take a little polish to it to bring back a little shine every now and then. i've also taken the center caps off and the bead lock ring just to kind of personalize them. i like they way they look, almost like a completly different rim.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Whats up, I had a set on my truck but no pics. Those rims are polished allum. and any nocoated allum. wheel needs to be cleaned and polished alot to stay looking nice. So if you don't clean your truck I would recomend a chrome or black typhlone coated wheel.

·
ChocoTaco
2,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
niiiice, i definitely like them better without the center caps! Myself I would probably keep the ring on though. But they do look nice w/o the ring as well. Yea, snap some pic of the worst one whenver you get a chance. No rush at all. Also it looks like you haven't repainted that hi-lift. Is that thing still rusting away? hope you got that one missing nut replaced at least! :waytogo:

·
Premium Member
13,639 Posts
here's mine when they were new. they need polished now. my center caps rusted after about 6 months too. I just bought new ones for $10 each.

·
ChocoTaco
2,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i actually like them a whole lot better unpolished in the dull aluminum color that firefox has :waytogo:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts