Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

The "Go Baby" Speedometer Wire Mod??

18K views 104 replies 48 participants last post by  97TurboTachoe 
#1 ·
The \"Go Baby\" Speedometer Wire Mod??

would it work. i got this from a guy on ttora and he said it will only work with a manual. not sure if you all have seen it before but i thought i would post it anyway.

http://www.nsmfinance.com/toyota/gobaby.htm

See less See more
#5 ·
Re: The \"Go Baby\" Speedometer Wire Mod??

i read it on the texas ttora and i e mailed him because i couldn't find the site. i just thought you all might be interested in doing it. i wouldn't want to do it to mine because i am not very electronically inclined but i thought you all might want to try it. just be careful if you do it. i am not paying for any speeding tickets.

#6 ·

That is pretty cool, I had thought about throwing a switch on the speedo/odo to kill the governor but didn't know the proper wires.

With this I could probably hit 125mph I'm guessing. I hit my gov. at 105 with about 1400 rpms before redline in 5th.

#8 ·

yea... that toggle switch is cool.. i'd love to see what i can top out at seeing as i hit my blasted governor in 4th now... damn s/c!

#9 ·

I may do it just to have it, but honestly I've only hit the governor one time. I usually stay below 75mph, and when I feel crazy (as in stupid) 95mph is usually my highest. I'll keep you posted if I do it though.

The world always seems strange at 100mph...

#10 ·

<font color="blue">i can't even count how many times i've hit the governor. i never had taken it past 85 or so here in el paso, but you'll be surprised what traveling 12 hrs on an empty open highway will do to ya. most of the time, i didn't even notice how fast the truck was going!oops
</font color>

#11 ·

that sucks. i have an automatic too! it sucks for me cause i put 50 series tires on my stockies and i'm going 16% slower than what my speedo reads. so i hit my governor when my truck reads 108 mph when i'm only actually going around 91 mph.

#12 ·

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
but you'll be surprised what traveling 12 hrs on an empty open highway will do to ya.

[/QUOTE] Yeah I suppose that would get me to hit the gov. a few times!

#13 ·

Damn, this mod would've really helped me cut down the amount of time that it took for me to drive to and from LA! I couldnt even keep up with some people cuz I kept hittin the damn speed govenor! LA was especially nutz... Got on the 210 and I couldnt even keep up with some people... they were doing like 120!

#14 ·

<font color="blue">that's what i love about cali...i mean here in el paso, i look like a crazy driver if i go over 80! and in cali, people were passing me when i was going 100! crazy crazy... and what's crazier is that you were going 105 and had the time to go and take a picture of it! c'mon colin, keep your eye on the road when you're going that fast!! lol
</font color>

#19 ·

Because our trannys are controlled by our ecu which depends on speed sensors to shift correctly. I guess you could try it but dont pull out on a busy road because it may never shift out of 1st.

Here is a self pic of me doing 140 in a jaguar XJR I borrowed from the dealership. My dad ended up buying one but not this one.
We jumped the cat shortly after this pic was taken, all 4 whees off the ground
Crown Jaguar of St. Pete can verify my story
The car tached out at 155. I want to see how fast my taco can go, but have an auto. I hit the 107 in no time

Attachments

#23 ·

Ok, I did the gobaby mod today. Haven't had the chance to test it as my area got about 4" of snow today

The procedure went real simple. I put a toggle switch in one of the accessory knockouts below the ashtray etc. I am guessing it works, because when I switch it on, I loose my speedo. All the odometer, tach, gauges remain unphased. When I get the chance, I'll see what she can do on an open road. I'll be sure to let everyone know how fast I can get it up to

#25 ·

No worries, no one to blame but myself if something goes wrong. That goes for all suggestions, posted mods, advice, etc. on this site....in the long run, its all our own $ and safety at stake. If the weather cooperates, I will test the top speed this weekend. I plan to check the truck and tires over, grab a hemlet (you know....for the look) and hit the highway early in the morning before traffic builds up. I'll be the only one in the truck also.

If I hit 140mph, I will be happy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.