Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

101 - 105 of 105 Posts

·
Mambeau / Admin
47,679 Posts
Re: The "Go Baby" Speedometer Wire Mod??

It's been a long time since I've heard of anyone going with regearing on an electrical speedometer. Adding a speedo calibrator inline to the circuit has the advantage of setting you up to recalibrate (rather than regear all over again) to adapt to any future changes in tire diameter or gearing.

The driven gears appear to be interchangeable within the sets associated with a given sensor PNC. That much seems clear. What I don't know is whether the driven gears are interchangeable among the various sensor PNC's.

·
StepSIde
3,295 Posts

In post #48, someone claims this will work on an auto. Can anyone Validate?

·
Registered
423 Posts

Yep...worked on my 03 dub cab 4x4trd

·
Registered
758 Posts

In post #48, someone claims this will work on an auto. Can anyone Validate?
I would think the auto transmission wouldn't shift properly with this mod because the speed sensor input is an important reference for the ECU. maybe if you toggle switch the wire and open the circuit after you are already in top gear? a signal clamp would be the proper route to get around the factory cut... Something like the HKS SLD (speed limit defencer)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Not to revive anything but it works for autos that are column shift and console shift, its different from the manuals and 00' tacomas. The autos have a green and orange wire in plug E5, pin 8 that controls speed out put and governor, thats the middle plug on the ecu forth wire on top left to right. This needs to be tapped and ran with a switch. The manual tacomas and ones equipped with a electronic speed sensor have a direct input to ecu via 3 wire speed sensor plug, thats 98-99ish tacomas with fancy electronics. Then they'res the new 1st gen tacos that have a module for cruise control and governing speed which is very easily bypass by simply cutting the purple and white wire.

101 - 105 of 105 Posts