Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

61 - 80 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Re: The "Go Baby" Speedometer Wire Mod??

You need to get a wiring diagram and look for the VSS (Vehicle Speed Sensor) wire. That's the one you should be knocking out.
hahah dammit now i gotta search for like another 2 hours to lfind it, thought this couldve been it hahaha :runaway:

·
[]D [] []D
22,705 Posts

hahah dammit now i gotta search for like another 2 hours to lfind it, thought this couldve been it hahaha :runaway:
You can do this mod that is mentioned for your truck and it would work fine.

·
Registered
829 Posts

You need to get a wiring diagram and look for the VSS (Vehicle Speed Sensor) wire. That's the one you should be knocking out.
its the purple with white stripe wire behind the change holder

·
Registered
330 Posts

um guys stock \/

I did this stock about 60,000 miles ago, and yes i was buckeld up somthing was up with my seatbelt wires.

my question is, what if you located the speedo pins on the backside of the cluster and gave one of the pins a chassis ground or maybe a 12v sourse instead of the ECU? would this work?

if i do this mod to my XR will the speedo still work?

·
[]D [] []D
22,705 Posts

if i do this mod to my XR will the speedo still work?
Only if you don't have the VSC and 2007 model. I believe others have reported problems if they remove the VSS wire. Luckily the 07's with no VSC it's just removing one wire from a pin. It literally took me .05 seconds to remove the speed governor.

·
Registered
330 Posts

Only if you don't have the VSC and 2007 model. I believe others have reported problems if they remove the VSS wire. Luckily the 07's with no VSC it's just removing one wire from a pin. It literally took me .05 seconds to remove the speed governor.
ya it should be fine on my 06 then and i dant have VSC. Has anybody actually found a point where the VSC took over while driving?

·
[]D [] []D
22,705 Posts

ya it should be fine on my 06 then and i dant have VSC. Has anybody actually found a point where the VSC took over while driving?
I take no responsibility for what happens man!

Here is the photo. The wire is located behind the change box holder on the junction box. It should be the harness all the way to the left. The connector is black so it's easy to spot. Just pull the wire out of the pin and you're done. Credit goes to RexRunner for discovering this. He has claimed that only the 07's so far work fine. Be careful!

·
Registered
330 Posts

so how fast do the xr's go without the governer? can anyone answer that

total resurect on this thread

·
Registered
4,323 Posts

so how fast do the xr's go without the governer? can anyone answer that

total resurect on this thread
I think someone GPS'd on the autobahn at 140mph... without boost i dont see it going much faster.. .but with a turbo or blower... oh yea id say 150 +

·
Registered
330 Posts

lol I loaded up my old ps2 and bought the xrunner in it and yeah it topped out at 142 i think. then i proceeded to boost it and nos it and everything when out the windows

i know i know bad sorce right but hey its somthing

I do know the potenza stockers VR rating will hold up to 149mph by the tire specs

·
ADMlNAHATER
8,720 Posts

lol I loaded up my old ps2 and bought the xrunner in it and yeah it topped out at 142 i think. then i proceeded to boost it and nos it and everything when out the windows

i know i know bad sorce right but hey its somthing

I do know the potenza stockers VR rating will hold up to 149mph by the tire specs
People have been far exceeding tire limitations for decades..

hell, back in the late 60's early 70's folks were doing some insane speeds on bias ply tires..:lol:

·
Registered
293 Posts

wow how weird...i haven't been on this site in at least 6 months..and the day i come back for a look, this thread hits me in the eye. I did the original writeup for this mod...good to see people are using it.

·
Just Tryin' To Live
5,302 Posts

i guess i have the perfect truck for this mod, but honestly im too scared to take this thing over 120 .. not nessesary for me at least.. pretty cool though

·
Registered
1,651 Posts

is there any way to remove the limiter and keep the speedo working at the same time...so I can see how fast I'm going? anyone know how the URD Speed Unlimiter worked? I would try to find one but I was hoping to do this for less than 150 bucks...

·
Registered
2,289 Posts

is there any way to remove the limiter and keep the speedo working at the same time...so I can see how fast I'm going? anyone know how the URD Speed Unlimiter worked? I would try to find one but I was hoping to do this for less than 150 bucks...
URD "Dyno Unlimiter"

but from what i hear, they don't make it any more.

61 - 80 of 105 Posts