Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

Which bag?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aight guys. I've heard several people talk about what bag he/she thinks is best.

Slam Specialties
Conitech
Firestone

Give the pros and cons of each one and why you think each is best.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
my vote is for conitechs i have them on my truck i havent drove on them yet but i heard they are nice i like the look of them. either conitechs or slams. slams get the most lift.

·
Registered
5,665 Posts
minis_r_us said:
my vote is for conitechs i have them on my truck i havent drove on them yet but i heard they are nice i like the look of them. either conitechs or slams. slams get the most lift.
I have heard nothing but good things about contitechs, Ive seen them go and handle alot of abuse, especially in hopping competitions

·
Registered
155 Posts
I Ride FIRESTONES!!

Haven't ridden on any of the others, but it sounds like

Slam is a solid bag too. It's all about the smooth ride for me and most often

I roll around with the truck pretty much dumped. So, needless to say, my Taco

rolls hella smooth!!

·
Registered
5,665 Posts
sideshow said:
Everyone is going to just name the bag that they have.
I dont even have bags :shrug: this is from seeing it first hand, he wants a good ride and good lift, SS are the bags to get, I said contitech because Ive seen them used for serious hopping, Firestones are reliable and trustworthy bags but arent anything special, it all depends what he wants :shrug:

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
DUMP EET said:
i say depends on what you need, i ride slams, but if your set-up is a stiff one, id use conitech.
What you mean by stiff? Budget? Cost really doesn't matter as long as I get a good quality ride with a nice lift. The only real problem I've heard about Slams is that some people don't like the built in bump stops (but if I remember correctly, even with the bump stops, they compress the same as any other company in the 2500/2600 line). Also, heard something about Slams blowing out? Not sure what is meant by that, but if you've heard anything, let me know.

·
Premium Member
1,958 Posts
Chris said:
What you mean by stiff? Budget? Cost really doesn't matter as long as I get a good quality ride with a nice lift. The only real problem I've heard about Slams is that some people don't like the built in bump stops (but if I remember correctly, even with the bump stops, they compress the same as any other company in the 2500/2600 line). Also, heard something about Slams blowing out? Not sure what is meant by that, but if you've heard anything, let me know.
no like for instance usually people who run bags over the axle set ups go with contitechs for firestones cause those bags are usually softer than others. cause those set-ups are generaly a little stiffer, or rougher ride so they are trying to find a soft bag for a softer ride.. i have a forward 4-link set up cantilever style. i have slams cause they get mad lift and are pretty stiff, cause im always lookin for a stiffer bag to make my ride a lil stiffer maybe. but then it all depends on the person and how stiff or soft of a ride they prefer. i like to ride super low so i went with soft shocks and slam bags.

·
Premium Member
1,958 Posts
oh ya and ive had my slams for 3 years no blow outs. and they are pretty scuffed up from daily driving. blow outs are basically the bags popping or bursting in some way. either due to rubbing or failure from high air pressure. lots of factors from the road

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Re: Firestones

So which bags would have a "softer" ride? Slams? I'm going to be running the CanDo bolt-on cantilever setup in the rear with the cando brackets up front. What shocks would you guys recommend that would be softer than the nitro shocks?

·
Registered
835 Posts
I have slam specialties and love the ride... I think I am going to go to switch from the re7 up front to the re6 so I can stiffen it up a little bit... right now its to soft when I'm low and thats how I want to drive

·
Registered
35 Posts
i run the slam bags for three reasons: 1. more lift with less air 2. no bulging of the sidewalls so it doesnt bounce around 3. they are far cheaper and rated higher pressure....i have a display of a firestone, conitech and slam bag cut in half...its pretty easy too see the difference...the conitech bag actually trys too sag and fall over so much i had too bolt it down

·
Registered
580 Posts
i ran firestones on my original bag setup but switched to slams and have will never go back. the slams offer alot better ride less bounce, more lift, etc. loke everyone else says. i have had them for 3 years running high pressure and never had a blow out. the problem people had with them for a while is the rubber would weather crack but never blow or leak caused from the weather cracking. anyone that says that they blow have had them installed improperly.

·
Registered
25 Posts
i have slams on one and firestones on the other. i've driven on several vehicles with either of the two(cause those are the only two(aside from airlift struts or cyliders)i've ever installed) and i personally like slams. the new slams arent supposed to have the skin cracking problem of the old ones. that was just cosmetic anyway, never killed anybody. also, i wouldnt use airlift, for explaination, see s10forum. oh yeah, aim bags suck too(airbagit.com).

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
I have only heard good things about slam but never any first hand experience with them. I have ran firestone and conitech on Toyotas and of those two I preferred the conitech.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts