Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think. I don't know if this should be "off topic". But I have a few questions before I get started. Basically I'm tired of working on my truck. It's a 97 2wd, 5 speed 3.4V6 and it's starting to feel older than it is. I love it to death and it is paid off. But all the aftermarket stuff is always having to be kept up with. And it seems like every time something goes wrong I'd like to blame the aftermarket stuff. I think I might bring it back up to stock height and use it as my "project getter". I would love to take everything off and put it on an actual Srunner. Not much into the X yet although I have considered it in the last week. Anyways, I need a thing or two. I have JBA headers and want to take them off and go back to the stock manifolds. I sent my driver side manifold to JBA about 3 years ago and never got it back. So I need the DRIVER SIDE MANIFOLD. Preferably No EGR. And I need the CROSSOVER that goes to it because I cut it off to get it off. Also, I had someone put my locker in for me(which I hate, because it is an actual locker and not an LSD). If I had a FSM how hard would it be for me to take out the locker and put the stock stuff back in? Keep in mind I have taken a motor out of this truck and put in a new one. If I could do that, could I do the locker de install(special tools?)? So if anybody has any suggestions or knows where any of
Here's a list of everything I have in/on it.
TRD s/c
URD no slip smaller pulley
URD fuel upgrades(injectors, plugs, FTC-E, etc.)
Aquamist 2d
JBA Headers Jet hot coated black
Flowmaster muffler
Electric fans(not coming off, unless somebody has a clutch fan?)
Lock Right Locker
URD traction bars
URD short shifter
URD speed unlimiter
PLX wideband
Boost and Fuel Pressure Gauge
Boyd Coddington Fury 18 x 7
rollpan welded and paint matched and tailgate handle is shaved
lowered 3 in front and 4 in back and KYB monomax
Addco rear sway bar, not installed
Plus a nice system inside

Or if anybody wants to buy the whole truck as is I will list it in the for sale area.

·
Mambeau / Admin
47,679 Posts

·
Mambeau / Admin
47,679 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Enola, this is the kind of help I'm looking for. Thanks. As for prices, I'm going to get everything off first and then decide if I'm going to keep any of it or put in on another truck. Also, with the larger injectors in the truck. If I keep them there, do you think the stock ecu will tune itself properly or do you think I should put the stock ones back on? I hated soldering those things.

·
ct stalker
3,540 Posts
Taking the locker out isn't that hard. The good thing is you don't mess with the ring & pinion so it saves alot of headache.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have the M300, but funny thing is after a year and a half of that thing on there, it turned off about a week ago. That's what I'm talking about. So now I have to see if it is the PLX or something else.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts