Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

Tail lights

2K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  slamdtaco 
#1 ·
I got on a waiting list for some tail lights for the Taco about 2 months ago, and they still aren't in. Everyplace i go to is backorded from here to Japan. Does anyone know of a website i can get them from? Besides ebay? I'm dying here!

#2 ·
I bought mine from eBay. They are Crystal eyes and they came wired COMPLETELY wrong. My turn signals made the bake lights (and third brake light) to flash! So, I re-wired them and they work perfect.

How about this: Buy a set of Generation 3 tail lights off of eBay (like from <a href=&quot;http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-cgi/ebayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&amp;item=598329009&amp;r=0&amp;t=0&quot;>this guy</a>) and send them to me. I'll box up my perfectly-working altezzas (that have been CORRECTLY rewired and send them to you..at no cost. They're in perfect condition. What do ya say?

#4 ·
hmm, the only reason I know that your blinkers would double-time-blink would be if one of them wasn't working correctly. It could be that you have a blown bulb..or maybe they're still not wired right. Have you turned each side on and checked the front and back to make sure they are all four working at all?

You know, people are paying $10-$15 on eBay right now to have fast-blinking blinkers..

#10 ·
you are correct...more appropriately it's the resistance of the bulb...if the bulb has a lower resistance than what it's supposed to it will blink fast....that is why anyone who has done the "corner to blinker/blinker to driving lights" mod now has fast blinkers....the 194 corner bulbs have much less resistance than the 1156 in the bumpers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.