Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,245 Posts
Just little rubber gum stuff, weak adhesive, i pulled all mine in about 15 mins by hand, no gunk left behind, at least not that i couldn't rub into a little gummy ball and pull off.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Yep, no holes if you remove'em, just get the gummy stuff off. Real easy.

·
Premium Member
8,245 Posts
no i JUST did mine, and i have a 99, no problems at all, can't even tell, mine's the stock champagne/gold color.

·
Registered
39 Posts
i have a 01 taco and mine came off real easy. and its the same color underneath. well mine was at least. make sure you get all the gunk stuff off. i used goo gone and it took it off pretty easy.

·
Premium Member
1,288 Posts
heheh... I know this has nothing to do with what we're talking about here, but you ever notice how the Toyota emblem looks like a little Mexican man? LOL! Looks like a sombrero! I guess it's approprate to call them Taco's!

About removing the emblems... the door emblems should come off fine with no discoloration behind them. Use tar remover or Goo-Gone to get the sticky crap off. Don't plan on re-using them, because they get all bent and torn when you try to remove them.

·
Premium Member
6,671 Posts
Could i just use Skratch X from Meguires to get the gunk off? i don't want to put any damaging stuff on my paint! Is Goo Gone gonna hurt the paint? Is the badging on the bed just as easy to get off or is it different?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
760 Posts
sup guys! if you can get your hands on a wagner heat gun use it! it will make life easier,you will be able to able to keep the badge in one piece so you can sport it on your tool box. use 3M adhesive remover to remove the sticky crap. and if you got a dark color like black,green, etc etc use some polish because you will see a ghost pattern of the badge in certian angle.

·
Registered
15 Posts
exactly what kind of polish are you talking about? just a normal meguiar's polish?

·
Premium Member
6,671 Posts
I did my emblems today and had no problem! I parked in the sun for about 15 minutes and used a credit card to take them off! Almost all of it came off witn any trouble. I used Meguires Skratch x to take off the last part of the gunk and then threw a coat of wax to even everything out!

No problema and looks great!
Thanks for everyones help!

·
Registered
282 Posts
Yep same thing, plastic with the gooey adhesive backing it.

·
Premium Member
1,070 Posts
No it will not be, we removed ours and just used a little adhesive remover for the gummy stuff, worked perfect just a little time consuming

·
il padrino
5,165 Posts
Mine came off just as easy and any sticky stuff left over, I just rolled into a little ball with the palm of my hand and it came off no problem.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts