Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Mambeau / Admin
47,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
It was a thermostat code like P01155. I'm not sure if that is the exact code but I will find out
There isn't a code P01155. However ...

There is a code P0115 - Engine Coolant Temp Circuit Malfunction. The possible causes are:

- Open or short in ECT sensor circuit
- ECT sensor
- ECM

Oops! You posted confirmation while I was preparing this reply ...

·
Mambeau / Admin
47,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I may have found a significant clue ...

The 1996 FSM, in the section for diagnosing P0115, offers this hint:

It you're getting multiple codes relating to multiple sensors on that combined circuit (Intake Air Temp; Engine Coolant Temp; TPS) it may be that the ECM's internal E2 sensor ground isn't grounding.

Otherwise, it's a wiring issue - either the E7 connector at the ECM or somewhere in the wires / harness.

If you're consistently getting -40 readings it's almost certainly an open (broken) circuit rather than a short-circuit.

·
Mambeau / Admin
47,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Since they're all interconnected, there's no way to tell until and unless you track down the root cause (apparently a wiring fault; probably a broken connection somewhere).

It might be a fault with a single wire; it might be multiple wires; it might be the whole harness.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I found the issue. It was a stuck or leaky injector. If you want to know if you have the same issue then run your truck get it got and take off the throttle body while it's hot. It doesn't have to be all the way off but at least cracked. Listen for what sounds like a sizzling noise or liquid hitting a hot surface. I still have the jerking issue but it fires right up now no issue. I believe I have a crack on my header so I ordered a new one and will install it today.

·
Mambeau / Admin
47,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Glad to hear you found an obvious fault, but ...

I'm having a hard time figuring out how a bad injector would cause an ECT sensor circuit code to be thrown ... :shrug:

·
Mambeau / Admin
47,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
21 - 31 of 31 Posts