Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, i was curious if any of you have any experience with Tuffy Security Products? I am looking for a console safe that won't break the bank. Console Vault and Locker Down are pretty pricey at close to $300. I have a brand new 2017 TRD Off Road and want to lock down valuables in the center console. Thanks!

·
Mambeau / Admin
47,576 Posts
Years ago some folks installed Tuffy console safes designed for Jeeps into their 1995.5 - 2004 Tacomas. There weren't many who did this, and none of them posted any reviews / tips here on CT.

A couple of folks have mentioned the Tuffy bed-mounted security boxes for 2005+ Tacomas, but no one posted any photos or reviews.

As far as I know, the subject of a Tuffy center console safe for a 2005+ Taco has never come up on CT. :shrug:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Years ago some folks installed Tuffy console safes designed for Jeeps into their 1995.5 - 2004 Tacomas. There weren't many who did this, and none of them posted any reviews / tips here on CT.

A couple of folks have mentioned the Tuffy bed-mounted security boxes for 2005+ Tacomas, but no one posted any photos or reviews.

As far as I know, the subject of a Tuffy center console safe for a 2005+ Taco has never come up on CT. :shrug:
crazy, i thought for sure this would be something people here were interested in..thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I feel like someone would probaby just remove the whole safe if they could. don't think the console would be the best place with that in mind.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thought i would update this post, i installed the Lock er' down console safe with the dial lock...gotta say this thing is built like a damn tank. Its bolts down to the body with four large bolts and took about 10 minutes to install. I don't break into cars so i can't tell you if this thing works or not, but i think someone would have a very very hard time getting into this, and its definitely not removable. If you are looking for some safety for your valuables i honestly think this is the best solution...i copied a link below for anyone interested.

http://www.lockerdown.com

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I feel like someone would probaby just remove the whole safe if they could. don't think the console would be the best place with that in mind.
the bolts that hold it in place are inside the safe, so you aren't getting it out even if you cut away all the plastic around it. Its thick steel on all sides so it can't be accessed by cutting into the plastic on the sides either. You would need a torch to cut through this thing.

·
Mambeau / Admin
47,576 Posts
thought i would update this post, i installed the Lock er' down console safe with the dial lock...
Thanks for the follow-up and info! :waytogo:

·
Registered
1 Posts
A little late to the party, but: I have used Tuffy security products in the past, and they were very satisfactory. In my case it was a security console in my work truck, a Chevy Tahoe. I often had several thousand dollars in cash as well as other items in the console. Never left the cash in it over night though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts