Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to put the T-rex billet grill on my V6 06 Tacoma, I saw them online and they look prettly sick:headbang: My question is how hard is it to install? Is it all bolt on or do I have to cut my old one out and make new holes for the new grill?:shrug:

·
Registered
247 Posts
you have to cut your grill out

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
6speed05tacoma said:
you have to cut your grill out
What I don't understand is if I have to cut my Grill out how the hell does the new one mount in there, And where do I cut my grill out on my truck:shrug:

·
Registered
247 Posts
i dont have the grill on my truck and i dont really know how it is installed but i do know that you have to cut it out.

·
Premium Member
830 Posts
You have to cut out the insert. The pieces that run horizontaly. Then used supplied hardware to mount. Dont be skeered.:headbang:

·
Super Duper Tundraholic
10,196 Posts
The billet grille will have little mounting tabs that need to be screwed into the stock grille shell. I had a billet grille on my 02 Tacoma from B-Cool billets. Have fun cutting out your stock grille!:cool:

·
Registered
282 Posts
what type off tools can we use to cut it besides dremel?

·
Premium Member
830 Posts
I used a cut off wheel. Air tools are soooo sweet... I would say what kind of do it yourselfer you are.Tools that come to mind are sawzall, hacksaw,,jigsaw. Good luck.:waytogo:

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
FRO said:
I used a cut off wheel. Air tools are soooo sweet... I would say what kind of do it yourselfer you are.Tools that come to mind are sawzall, hacksaw,,jigsaw. Good luck.:waytogo:

How long of a process is it?

·
Black Beauty
1,458 Posts
hah i have a t-rex in my garage and i have attempted to install it like 4 times but i get to scared im gna f up

·
Black Beauty
1,458 Posts
but im very stupid when it comes to doing that kind of stuff

·
Registered
156 Posts
I had the dealership where I bought my truck install mine and it took their body shop 4 hours to do it and they do them everyday. No way I trusted myself to hack on a brand new truck..:rolleyes:

·
Registered
9,300 Posts
I bought a 4" hand grinder (ryobi) 29.99 from home depot...with a cut-off wheel, use it for EVERYTHING ! but hacksaw blade, jigsaw, and sawzall are all fine too...when I worked metal fab, I used the grinder always. for grinding and cutting I've even used it to cut the arms off the chair I'm sitting in right now, wouldn't slide under the desk..

1 - 18 of 18 Posts