Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
i am more interested in the steel wheels, for winter. where did you get them?

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
blackX said:
i am more interested in the steel wheels, for winter. where did you get them?

tirerack.com

I paid like 500 for the package. It will be nice being able to stop this winter.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
rx-runner said:
hey i was wondering if your chroms rims rubbed when taking a turn?
They rubbed a bit on those bumps on the rear of the front wheel wells, but only on hard turns. After a while the plastic wore away and no more rubbing.

·
Registered
4,550 Posts
Lol I'm not interested but I thought others might want to know. But if you want to keep it confidential I understand, at least people know now.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
RedXrunner said:
Lol I'm not interested but I thought others might want to know. But if you want to keep it confidential I understand, at least people know now.
ok. I figure I'll give the CTers first dibs. They won't work with the drop I'm planning on next spring or I'd keep em.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Hey, I was wondering if you could list the specs on the steelies and tires (offset, full tire size, etc)? I live up here in canada, and our winters are brutal so I wanna get a set of winter tires, and don't really feel like shelling out $$$ for 18" winter tires... 15's would be the best price point...

Thanks in advance...

·
Registered
425 Posts
i need to get steelies. good to see that 15" fits ont he truck.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
richie_rich said:
Hey, I was wondering if you could list the specs on the steelies and tires (offset, full tire size, etc)? I live up here in canada, and our winters are brutal so I wanna get a set of winter tires, and don't really feel like shelling out $$$ for 18" winter tires... 15's would be the best price point...

Thanks in advance...
Yeah, your going to want narrow snow tires. Call tirerack and tell em what you got and they'll tell you exactly what you need.

·
Registered
533 Posts
This is what I do like about living in Texas. No need to do this. We only get one ice day a year.

But good job preparing for winter and thus taking good care of your X.

·
GSX-Runner said:
15" steelies wrapped in Blizzaks, sick.

Nice man I am thinking of picking a set for myself, I have feeling we are going to get some snow over here in Jersey this year.:shrug:

·
Registered
52 Posts
Another winter wheel option are the 16" base steel wheels off a Toyota RAV4 (or heck, even a base Tacoma). The RAV4 wheels apparently fit the Tacoma perfectly and with the plastic centre caps look perhaps a little better than the black steel....might even pass as stock if you only give them a passing glance. These are what I'll be running on mine (all 5 wheels!) - I'll most likely put them on this coming weekend so I'll post a pic when I'm done. FYI, the tires I'll be running will be ghetto cheap "Champiro GT Snows". They're supposidly designed by some guy who used to work for Nokian but these tires are made in Indonesia or something - hence the atractive price point. I've had them on previous cars for winter and was pretty happy and my brother runs them on his 4WD Tundra D.C. and really likes them too.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts