Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey what do you guys think of putting front and rear Addco sway bars on my 2001 taco,,, its about to be lowered and for street use only,,, the quote i got from Addco was just under 400 for both front and rear bars and all the hardware. it this a tough installation? cost effective?

·
Premium Member
13,639 Posts
I had front and rear sway bars on my 90 nissan truck and it handled awesome, also had tokico shocks. I did not do the install though. My friend has installed his own sway bars on miatas and neons no problem and he can't even lower a truck. I would say it should be pretty easy. Good luck.

D

·
0 Posts
Swank:

$400 is too much! I have a set of used Addco bars which I removed from my '96 Taco when I sold it. The bars are in perfect shape, but they're just not shiny anymore. They work--yes they do! I'll sell 'em for $100 plus shipping.

Rad

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
The only negative thing about performanceproducts sway bars is that they're only 3/4in thick. It really should be 1in or thicker for the rear.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey- , i'll take the bars, as long as they'll fit on my 2001 tacoma-- 4cyl 2wd-- you have all the hardware? pics?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts