Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
If you’re not afraid of drilling 4 holes in your frame go with the Addco. It's thicker and has better geometry.

·
Mambeau / Admin
47,678 Posts
Link doesn't work .... :shrug:

Are you looking for an anti-sway bar for the front or the rear? The conventional wisdom is "Addco front; Hellwig rear" ....

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ya im looking for rear anti swaybars. the link just had the addco and the hellwig compared side by side. ive been told that the thicker the better but it also depends on the type of metal.:shrug:

·
YEP... I'MMA DOUCH3
10,933 Posts
the Hellwig is a better build, but both addcos together give a more rigid ride left to right-

·
Mambeau / Admin
47,678 Posts
Just for the record, you have another possible option - installing an OEM S-Runner rear anti-sway bar ... It's been done. :thinking:

·
Mambeau / Admin
47,678 Posts
Search for MountainBiker's posts / threads on his adaptation of an OEM S-Runner swaybar ...

If I recall correctly, the hard part was the mounting to the frame ...

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Enola Gaia said:
If I recall correctly, the hard part was the mounting to the frame ...
Actually, that is the easy part! At least for 01-04 Xtra cabs since the frame is shared with the S-runner.

The difficulty is attaching to the axle, but if you can get the axle mounts from Hellwig, then that is no problem. All the part numbers are in the post linked above.

·
Mambeau / Admin
47,678 Posts
Thanx for the clarification, MountainBiker ... :waytogo:

I knew something about the mounting had caused some 'issues' during your install ... :thinking:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts