Toyota Tacoma Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At idle my motor surges really fast (about 1.5-2 time a second). It almost sounds like I have a large cam in it. This surging happens so fast the the tach. does not have time to react. I would say it's running from 650-700 RPM's while this is occuring. This started about the same time I noticed my Y-pipe on my JBA headers was loose. I thought the Y-pipe was the source for the problem so I reset the ECU and tightened up the pipe thinking it would go away. The motor still surges, but it has not thrown a CEL yet.

Anyone heard of such a problem? I was thinking that perhaps I should clean the MAF sensor, or maybe the SC is loose from the intake manifold?Besides ideling like sh!t it still runs fine????

Any help appreciated. Thanks!
Robert

:EDIT: The motor is Blown with all the URD goodies if this helps?

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Needs a good tune. Mine does the same with a bad tune in it.......... Could also be the plugs, o2 sensor going bad, vac line cracked/leaking, exhaust leak, ect.................... Make sure all of these are good then give it a good tune and your problem is solved..........:waytogo:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the input! After some digging I spotted the J-tube on the intake tube was hanging 1/2 off cousing a sh!t load of unmetered air to enter the motor. That along with the PVC hose that was hanging off:doah:

Anyways thanks again! She back to running like a top:)

Robert

1 - 4 of 4 Posts