Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone, with the TRD supercharger installed, had any trouble with engine knocking in 4th or 5th when you accelerate? It happens on occasion in 3rd as well.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Friend of mine had that problem with his 4X4, has to run good quality 92 octane or higher to keep it from knocking.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That alone does not help. I have been running 92 octane since I had the thing and then the gas companies screwed us by dropping the octane to 91 here in California. Granted higher octane equlas less knocking, but I think I may have a problem with not enough fuel getting into the mix to begin with.

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
One option is to adjust your fuel/air mixture. Apexi and Jet have products that will do this. You could be running too rich or too lean.

·
Registered
10,388 Posts
Get a higher flow fuel pump to help push up more gas for your engine. Umm, or get some Supra injectors and use those to get more fuel in the system. (Seen that done alot, and I don't think there's any real big modification to get them in there). Or buy a fuel pressure regulator from Weapon R or another place to increase your pressure a few pounds to get more fuel too.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Weapon R makes more than license plate frames and stickers? huh..

Seriously, the Supra TT injectors (the ones you'll find easily) are WAY too big. Look for 300-330cc injectors.

As ComaTose said, Gadget knows his stuff about the blower and how to fix the ping, and get more power at the same time!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts