1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Super Duper Tundraholic
10,196 Posts
If you truck was a chick, I would hit it! :lol: :waytogo:

·
Registered
157 Posts
How easy is the de badging does it just peel off?? dang i ask alot of questions.. I'm stupid:brickknoc

·
damn
6,533 Posts
yea it just peels off..Unless you have a ford, then alot of times they used little pins on the back of the emblem and drilled a hole in the body and stuck them on like that..lol

·
Registered
157 Posts
Awesome finally a mod I can afford. I assume leavin it in the sun for a few hours would help the peelin??

·
Registered
9,300 Posts
Take fishing line and wrap it around your index fingers and pull it behind the emblem..I saw this in a thread somewhere.. this worked great for me, but I used strong ribbon from a gift.. this is the best method. Trying to "pry-up" the emblem with anything will result in a dent in the body, these trucks are made from Renolds-wrap...I dented my door with a cardboard oil-filter box accidentlly !!

·
Registered
157 Posts
No paint damage or nothin:thinking: sweet

·
Banned from Auto*****s.co
2,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I tried the fishing line route... but it hurt the hell out of my fingers... (it was 50lb line)...

So I started using a zip tie... worked better IMHO. I would heat up the emblems with my wife's hair dryer, stick the zip tie thru the letter and just pull it all the way down the emblem... Then with some goo gone, I removed the left over adhesive... <---that part requires a little elbow grease...

For the TRD stickers on the bed, I just pulled a corner up with my fingernail and started pulling it off... that sticker rips easily so take it real slow...

that's all... cheap and easy.

·
2,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Beefed Taco said:
Wrap your fingers with duct-tape. :doah:
hehe... good to know now...

and then the goo gone has two purposes...

remove adhesive from truck and then remove adhesive from fingers! :)

·
Registered
253 Posts
I took the emblems off the doors, much betta. The tailgate did look a bit crowded. I found some kool emblems, took off two (Tacoma & Prerunner) and added these. I like it.:runaway:

·
Registered
157 Posts
This works on Xr's badges too right?

·
2,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
butnut said:
I took the emblems off the doors, much betta. The tailgate did look a bit crowded. I found some kool emblems, took off two (Tacoma & Prerunner) and added these. I like it.:runaway:
Looks pretty good... what kind of exhaust you runnin?

·
Registered
108 Posts
I heated up the badges with a blow dryer slowly or you could do it on a hot day depending where you live. I have heard people using fishing line to cut the epoxy and then peel but if you get it hot enough you can just peel it off and then I used goo gone and then a nice wax is just what the doc ordered

1 - 20 of 35 Posts