Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Boost Addict
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So when i was having the S/C installed i mentioned to the tech the problem with the grinding in 2nd gear when 1st is redlined. His idea (since we didn't have the mt-90) was to use the additive for the limited slip differential. We put that in the gear oil......problem solved. Just in case anyone wanted to solve the problem but couldnt get the redline mt-90

I can get the part # for the additive if anyone wants it.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Whats the name and did it help. Just wondering, I put MT90 in mine yesterday and made a diffrence. Where can I get it?

·
Boost Addict
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cahaire said:
Whats the name and did it help. Just wondering, I put MT90 in mine yesterday and made a diffrence. Where can I get it?
I dont remember the name of it but it solved the grinding problem completely for me for the past few days and im assuming itll continue. You should be able to get it from any toyota dealership. I'll get the part # tomorrow at work and post it.

·
Registered
9,300 Posts
Awesome idea ! I'm gonna try it. I can't stand the way my truck shifts, feels like there's not enough cluth...( might try bleeding it ) never liked hydraulic cluthes. I know GM has the "whale fat in a bottle" also...A very experiencrd tranny and rearend friend told me that's all that stuff is...whale fat ! LSD additive...

·
Vendor
7,124 Posts
I doubt it is whale fat since whaling is banned and products from whaling are also baned in the US.

Back in the day it may of been, but I am sure there is some other replacement these days.

I remember way back in the day I used a motorcycle chain lube that had an increadient listed as whale sperm. That is not on the list these days.

Gadget

·
Registered
201 Posts
Hey Spyder327. If you get the part number for that addative, please post it. The parts guys I where I work are new and idiots. They have no idea and can't find a listing for it.:looney:

·
Registered
9,300 Posts
cahaire said:
Hey Spyder327. If you get the part number for that addative, please post it. The parts guys I where I work are new and idiots. They have no idea and can't find a listing for it.:looney:
If they don't know what LSD additive is...they should be working at McDonalds instead...:looney:

·
Registered
9,300 Posts
cahaire said:
Plus, I never see it at "auto parts" stores, go to a Dealer to get it ...I know for a fact GM carries it. :waytogo:

·
Registered
425 Posts
my friend swears by gm synchromesh on his mr2

1 - 20 of 28 Posts