Toyota Tacoma Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey everyone!

Long time no see.

I am currently in the process of swapping a BEAMS 3S-GE into my 1996 Toyota Tacoma 2WD reg cab. I have made my own engine mounts and the engine is sitting where I want it but the only part I am not sure about is the driveline angle. Does anyone know what angle the stock 2RZ with W series trans sits at? This is my first time ever doing a swap into something that has a live rear axle so I want to make sure I get the angle right. I really should have measured before I pulled the engine and trans but it's too late now haha. I tried researching it but almost all of what I found was for 4x4 stuff.

Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Here are a few photos of my progress, if anybody is interested. First time ever making my own engine mounts too.

Motor vehicle Car Vehicle Hood Automotive battery
Wood Bumper Floor Automotive tire Motor vehicle
Motor vehicle Gas Screw Automotive tire Nut
Motor vehicle Gas Metal Auto part Screw
Motor vehicle Automotive tire White Hood Black

·
Mambeau / Admin
48,125 Posts
I can't find any FSM or factory documentation driveline / driveshaft angle specifications for the 1995.5 - 1997 generation.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can't find any FSM or factory documentation driveline / driveshaft angle specifications for the 1995.5 - 1997 generation.
Dang! Thank you so much for checking. I can see how it wouldn’t really make sense to provide that info since it is set from the factory and is not something that would ever need to changed on a stock vehicle.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts