Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 2000 extended cab that was lowered 2" in the front with Tokico lowering springs and 3" in the back with blocks. I put Tokico Sport shocks in the front and rear. I also have 16" aluminum wheels with 225/55/16 Dayton ZR tires. My problem is that the truck rides horribly. Every little bump in the road feels like a big pothole. I realize that lowering the truck does change how a truck will ride, but I didn't do an extreme lowering job, so it shouldn't ride as badly as it does. I think that if I change the type of tires I have that will help because Z-rated tires are stiffer. Also, I was thinking about getting the Tokico Trekmaster suspension kit. It replaces the Toyota overload leaf with a Tokico overload leaf and puts Trekmaster shocks all the way around. I know that if I take the overload leaf out altogether, it will ride better, but I won't do that because I still need to use my truck to haul light loads. So what should I do? Does anyone know anything about the Tokico suspension kit? What I want is to keep the truck at the same ride height but make give it the best ride possible. If anyone has any suggestions, I'm open to anything, as long as I don't go any lower and I don't lose payload. Thanks.
-Rich

D

·
0 Posts
Maybe it's your Tokico shocks. Those shocks are the reason the Tacoma came in 4th place as truck of the year in the latest Four Wheeler magazine. They said it gave the truck too stiff of a ride. Just an idea.

·
Registered
760 Posts
<font color=orange>i say get a djm lowering kit if you want a smooth as silk ride. plus my friend had some lowering coils on his taco, it busted one of ball his joints and his driver wheel just caved in. lucky thing he was only goin only 10 mph.</font color=orange>

1 - 3 of 3 Posts