Toyota Tacoma Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Mambeau / Admin
47,972 Posts
I don't know. The part numbers are different, and it's anybody's guess whether the difference part numbers mean one is incompatible with the other.

According to the parts diagrams, the basic wheel seems to be the same, provided you're comparing similar wheels (with or without built-in switch controls). I have no idea whether the switches / controls from one would plug 'n play on the other.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't know. The part numbers are different, and it's anybody's guess whether the difference part numbers mean one is incompatible with the other.

According to the parts diagrams, the basic wheel seems to be the same, provided you're comparing similar wheels (with or without built-in switch controls). I have no idea whether the switches / controls from one would plug 'n play on the other.
I don't even care if the control switches on the steering wheel work,just want it to look like it belongs.

·
Mambeau / Admin
47,972 Posts
My guess (I emphasize "guess" ... ) is that the basic wheel itself from the later years would fit up on the earlier 2005+ Tacos' column. I have no reason to suspect the basic fitment of the wheel itself has changed since 2005. For example, NRG Innovations lists a single hub adapter for all years 2005 to the present. This doesn't prove anything for certain, but it's a heavy clue.

However ... There's still the issue of whether or not the built-in airbag module will connect to and correctly work with your airbag controller.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My guess (I emphasize "guess" ... ) is that the basic wheel itself from the later years would fit up on the earlier 2005+ Tacos' column. I have no reason to suspect the basic fitment of the wheel itself has changed since 2005. For example, NRG Innovations lists a single hub adapter for all years 2005 to the present. This doesn't prove anything for certain, but it's a heavy clue.

However ... There's still the issue of whether or not the built-in airbag module will connect to and correctly work with your airbag controller.
I don't care about the airbag! We die like men! Just kidding.I will have to get deeper into it to find out for sure.thanks for your help though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts