Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,639 Posts
Re: belltech or DJM

I don't think Belltech makes a 3" front drop. I think they only make 2" drop springs. If you read through some of the older posts, DO NOT change your front springs on the SR if you like the sporty feel of the stock suspension. Go with the DJM kit.

·
Registered
2,642 Posts

try dropped coils, and then add a ball joint flip if ya wanna go lower........you could do a spindle relocation with a ball joint flip if ya insist on keepin the springs.....don't know how that would sit, though??

just drop em!

·
Registered
336 Posts

Belltech has "one" set of front lowering springs for the Taco. 2 inch drop for the V-6 and the same ones will lower you 1 inch for the 4 banger... sales guy at belltech told me it's the engine weight difference..

·
Registered
1 Posts

belltyech only makes a 2" drop front coil spring, and thats if you have a v6. 2rz 4cyl will only yield a 1" drop.
i did a DJM upper control arm with the Belltech spring and got about 4" total from the front end. 18" wheels rub the inner fenders and I"m running on the bump stops, literally.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Did you use the DJM 3/4 set with belltech shocks all around? does the 2/3 drop shock set from belltech work?
Im trying to get 3" front and 3" in the back since the s-runners run level. Im on 18's and dont need to rub.

·
Premium Member
1,065 Posts
I've been running the DJM upper arms/balljoint flip with Grade 8 nuts/bolts and Energy Suspension bump stops for over 15 years at this point. Rear is lowered on universal 3" steel blocks from DJM. No rubbing on stock wheels and no rubbing on my 19 x 8.5 +45 (245/35/19) Front, 19 x 9.5 +44 (275/35/19) Rear.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I've been running the DJM upper arms/balljoint flip with Grade 8 nuts/bolts and Energy Suspension bump stops for over 15 years at this point. Rear is lowered on universal 3" steel blocks from DJM. No rubbing on stock wheels and no rubbing on my 19 x 8.5 +45 (245/35/19) Front, 19 x 9.5 +44 (275/35/19) Rear.
hey reason what tacoma do you have? i am looking at steel rims 17” and i am referencing your measurements, thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts