Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
See if you can get someone to help you out by pushing the clutch pedal in and out while you investigate around the truck. My guess is either the throwout bearing is making noise until it warms up. Or the little metal cover for the clutch slave cylinder is loose.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I took mine to the dealer for that too. But their idea of fixing it was adjusting the clutch so that the pedal doesn't come out as far. :confused:

·
Registered
222 Posts
yay!!!!!!!!!!! its not only me with the clicking noise. lol.... i thought it was my own fault cuz i drive the x too hard.

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
omg i had this problem like months ago. i took it to the dealer and they said it wa sjust natural and it would go away. it is indeed the throw out tho. im goign in son here to get it rplaced. my friends 4x4 throw out squeeked and at liek 26k blew up. he got a new tranny out of it.

·
Registered
829 Posts
mine does this sometimes too. but only during the cold mornings then once shes warmed up it goes away.

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
Gadget said:
Mine was doing that also. In addition to squeeking when idling in neutral, it was sounding like a rock tumbler. When I pushed in the clutch the noise went away. A new transmission fixed the problem.

Gadget
A new tranny! Did you have under warranty?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts