Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
So if I use the switch my speedo will not work when the speed limiter is off.
And with the piece from URD the speedo still works.

Do I have this right??

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
It sounds like I am going with the URD but first I need to get some hood pins for my CF hood right now at 90 it looks like it wants to fly off.

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
i didn't read the whole thread, so sorry if this was already mentioned:

The go-baby-go mod would prevent your odo from racking on miles, and would be a federal crime. The URD speed unlimiter isn't illegal, although breaking the speed limit still is (disclaimer
)

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Thanks for the break down on federal crime but if it wasn't for that how would anyone be able to have fun.

·
[]D [] []D
22,705 Posts
The go-baby-go mod would prevent your odo from racking on miles, and would be a federal crime. The URD speed unlimiter isn't illegal, although breaking the speed limit still is (disclaimer
)
its not illegal to do alot of things to your car... installing a switch in line with the speedo is a modification.. the problem comes if you sell the car and claim on the title that it is actual mileage shown (when in fact its not) that or you knowingly cut that wire because you did not want to exceed a certain mileage for warranty coverage reasons.. all that stuff is illegal... so the bottom line is.. dont screw someone else with the stuff you do to your car and your fine

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I don't care much about what I can or can't do to my truck when it comes to "The Law"

·
DELETE THIS ACCOUNT
8,493 Posts
here's some food for thought...

if it's a federal crime to stop your speedo from racking up miles... then car companies need to be sued. reverse doesn't rack miles. i would imagine over the life of a car that SEVERAL miles are racked up in reverse. so even if no mod is done, the mileage isn't correct.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Some cars yes some no I am not sure about the mileage but the speed.

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
my friend's '85 chevy truck's odometer goes backwards in reverse. I know this for a fact because we went backwards in a huge circle in the parking lot of a store that we worked at. sue GM.

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
i want one but...will it be worth on the 4x4 models? i was at 4000rpms i think, in the picture.

in a 4x4 that I assume is either stock suspension or lifted then you'll have safety issues. Not to mention offroad tires arn't rated for speed or handeling at speed. 110mph in a high truck is a LOT.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Now my next question.. can you replace the whole spedometer with something with higher mph (110) on most of ours right. Ive seen the oem gauges that have tach speed and the engine temp to the left and the fuel to the right. Would that part be replaceable and does it have more than 110 mph? Doesnt the S-runner one have 120?

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
srunner is 110mph, as well.

If you wanted a new spedo you could buy one, such as an autometer. I've seen several custom-clusters using autometer guages. I use my GPS to tell me how fast I'm going.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I commend you on your efforts on speeding down the road in an excess of 110+ MPH and taking your eyes off of the road to grab a camera and start taking pictures.

Don't drive next to me.

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
I commend you on your efforts on speeding down the road in an excess of 110+ MPH and taking your eyes off of the road to grab a camera and start taking pictures.

Don't drive next to me.
you registered just to say that?

21 - 40 of 45 Posts