·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any info on this would be great.

·
Registered
5,665 Posts
alot of the guys here put it on a switch...not sure how...they will tell you though...the wires are different colors on different years

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you that is just what I am looking for.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Don't waste your money. You can do it for free (or at the price of a switch from Home Depot). Look through the other posts, it's in there somewhere with pictures and detailed instructions.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Take out the insturment cluster and look for the black wire. There are 2 on there so check it with a meter to make sure it is the right one. Cut the wire and put a switch on it.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Get under your truck..find a 3 pin connecter that has 3 wires coming out of it..its connected to your tranny..the blue wire in the middle is youre wire you wanna tap into and run a switch..run the switch and it will turn your speedo off and odometer

·
Registered
310 Posts
Get under your truck..find a 3 pin connecter that has 3 wires coming out of it..its connected to your tranny..the blue wire in the middle is youre wire you wanna tap into and run a switch..run the switch and it will turn your speedo off and odometer
what does the speedo and odometer got to do with the speed limiter? confused. I understand that if the black wire behind the cluster governs something on the cluster but on the tranny?

sorry, i'm confused since i haven't read the thread on this but just trying to understand.

·
DELETE THIS ACCOUNT
8,493 Posts
what does the speedo and odometer got to do with the speed limiter? confused. I understand that if the black wire behind the cluster governs something on the cluster but on the tranny?

the switch shuts off the speedometer, but not the rmp govn'r. it DOES allow you to go past 107, but the rpm limits on the differnt gears for shifting are still there. i can't fully expalin why, and i hope someone here can. i know that i can shut my speedometer off at 105, lose mileage count and speed count, reach over 110, and then turn it back on to see how fast i'm going. i can do this for about 5 seconds at a time. i've found it possible to get to about 145 mph with this switch. the mileage doesn't count while the speedo is off so TECHNICLY it's illegal to sell the vehicle as "odometer reading is correct"... but only you will know if you hide the switch. so far, it's one of my favorite mods.... 145 mph in a 4 banger is awesome!

i'll try to find the old thread for how to do this when i'm not intoxicated.

sorry, i'm confused since i haven't read the thread on this but just trying to understand.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
yes it only works on manual trannys..and when you disable the speedo the computer doesnt know how fast youre goin and you can go past 105 or 108 whatever its at

·
[]D [] []D
22,705 Posts
So increases top speed? thats it. Like other gears wont redline later or anything?
it lets you go however fast the truck can actually go... its been said jerry has been at 150mph.. gary has been over 140mph.. i have gone about 130mph so far.. (not enough flat road without cops to test that yet
)

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
So increases top speed? thats it. Like other gears wont redline later or anything?
It tricks the ECU into thinking it is going a certain speed, i believe it is set to 100MPH. Once you hit that speed the device sends that constant signal to the ecu of 100mph, therefore allowing you to go as fast as you can without the computer shutting off the fuel at the given speed limiter set at the factory.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts