Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
I like the drop! I will prolly drop mine after i get wheels. But the truck as a whole is :puke: to me. whats with the camper and the stickers all over the windows?

PS. Rotties are great theft deterent systems! Mine loves riding in the truck too! :D

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
This is my work truck have to carry my gear have to lock upgear so knuckleheads don't steel my stuff.Whats up with the decals?They call me oldy & this is old school.I was building cars when you were a gleam in you dad's eye and a drop running down his leg. nuff said :jawdrop: :waytogo:

·
Registered
53 Posts
looks great! however, your photos do not do it justice. also, take some better photos of the rear disc. that's my next mod. yours looks good!. how does it work? and do you have any problems with the front drop bottoming out?

·
Registered
53 Posts
hey, i'm old school too!. i'm past the 1/2 century and driving an x-runner! everyone thinks it belongs to one of my sons. i have blown up and crashed more cars and bikes than most of these young studs have driven in their whole lives! ahh youth.... it's wasted on the young!

·
Registered
159 Posts
Drop looks good, by the way, got stickers?:lol:

·
Registered
774 Posts
xrunjon06 said:
got a few pics up in the gallery of the drop kit & scoop mod !
Nice, I have the TRD BBK front and SOS rear disk conversion, putting it on next week...

How do the brakes feel?

I will be putting a 4-link rear during the winter and may use the SOS front system to lower the front for autocross and road racing...

Stickers?

Some of us race our XR's (drag racing is for fast cars, autocrossing is for fast drivers)!

I have my race number on year round along with my 2 sponsors and the contingency for SCCA racing on the national tour, some of us are proud of the racing we do and do not just cruise around town looking to race street lights...

By the way, I hand painted 'TRD' of my open hood scoop, I kept the mesh thing and opened it up and painted the letters in, not perfect up front but from a distance it shows up nicely!

·
Registered
533 Posts
OXI said:
By the way, I hand painted 'TRD' of my open hood scoop, I kept the mesh thing and opened it up and painted the letters in, not perfect up front but from a distance it shows up nicely!
Whoa, you got any pics?

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ezjam said:
looks great! however, your photos do not do it justice. also, take some better photos of the rear disc. that's my next mod. yours looks good!. how does it work? and do you have any problems with the front drop bottoming out?
Ezjam , did you go to my gallery i have the rear disc pics there.simply put parking brake still with SOS kit normal stopping like hydraulics. the guys with front disc's moved to rear are setting themselves up for major probs if there is a hydraulic failure.I have the advantage to,pull the handle,they dont.BAMM!!........BOOOOYAH!! :waytogo: :waytogo:

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
dakinisbatman said:
nice, my drop is waitin for me in my office, where'd you get your truck alligned at? (after the drop)
Dakinisbatman, I took the kit to the dealer in orange park where I live they installed the kit did the alignment and the hood scoop mod. the bill was $639. and change took total of 4 hrs........:waytogo: no speed bumps over about 3mph though or its head bumping time.! :brickknoc

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ezjam said:
Ezjam , so far so good with the kit have hit the bumpers on the back side but not bad.the ride is how should I put ....a little bouunce,nothing you can't live with. had more looks stares and headscratches since yesterday.It's worth it!! :waytogo: BOYAH!!

·
1GTACO
636 Posts
i cannot bring myself to give those retards 640 bucks after i spent 550 on the drop and swaybar kit (after shipping). i dont have about 10g's in snap on tools to pay someone else to work on my stuff. (used to be a bike mech.)

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ah but I live in an apt now .tools are in storage buried.Sorry to hear your dealer doesn't have top notch mech's.I have only one mech at my dealer that does all my mods for me .master ase 16yrs has race car building experience.what impressed me was when he stayed till 7:30pm when everyone was gone at 6pm to finish my truck for me that won me over.in fact the crew as i call them all take good care of me. :waytogo: Plus at my advanced stage of life my back would not permitt it! LOL !:funnyup:

·
1GTACO
636 Posts
xrunjon06 said:
Ah but I live in an apt now .tools are in storage buried.Sorry to hear your dealer doesn't have top notch mech's.I have only one mech at my dealer that does all my mods for me .master ase 16yrs has race car building experience.what impressed me was when he stayed till 7:30pm when everyone was gone at 6pm to finish my truck for me that won me over.in fact the crew as i call them all take good care of me. :waytogo: Plus at my advanced stage of life my back would not permitt it! LOL !:funnyup:
lol makes sense, i dotn know the mech's here in roseville, so i dont dare even try. one of my brothers from another mother is one of the best techs in his toyota dealership, but if he does it ill be doin it right with him lol. his dad is also a MDT for i think the last 14 years, been a mech for even longer. im sure with all of my activities as a younster imy back will be payin' for it later too...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts