Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sorry for bringing it up again....but WHAT is the HARDEST thing installing the djm kit in front? is all bolts and nuts fairly easy to remove from the control arm or is it hella tight? ima use an airgun for the others...is there an easy way to do it...

·
Registered
760 Posts
the hardest thing is removing the stock upper mouting shaft from the stock upper control arms. you might wanna use a air chatter gun while you got the control arms locked up it a bench vise. other then that installation was smooth and so is the ride.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
im gonna attempt to try to install the djm kit this weekend...so the only thing i have to worry about is the mounting shaft and everytthing would be cool? so a jack hammer is good to use for it?
thanks!!!!

·
Premium Member
6,671 Posts
I did it myself and thought the that the part about flipping the ball joints was confusing as hell! Don't forget to remove the pressed bolts Might have to torch them off! I did!! After getting the pressed bolts out drill a 9/16th hole in your strut or T/c rod as they call it, then put 2 washers on the holes near the coil on the lower control arm. Then put on the strut, and then put on the lower ball joint. I am going to attach the picture that helped me out a lot! Good luck and if you run into any problems come here cause this place helped me out a LOT!!!

Don't think you'll get it done in a couple hours, give it a day and make an appointment for an alignment as soon as possible, you won't want to drive the truck too far because your tires will be screeching the whole way. Don't put your new tires on till your all done!!
Good Luck!!

Hope i helped, this is the S*** i learned or had problems with!

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts