Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so i own a 05 taco, 4wd. I recently was driving and started to hear a gridning poping noise from my front left side. well warrenty run out and all i decided to take the taco to my garage and figure the problem out, well i pulled everything apart and found that the hub assembaly bearings where shot. well i went to the dealer thinking i could just buy the hole assembaly but i guess you can only get the base and the inner part that holds the lug bolts. now i need help on what to buy to fix this. are the bearings removable? i dont know what i should buy, and am i going to have to find a press to take the hub apart? someone please help!!

thanks
Ramatorn

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ahhh... thank you very much! the duches at the dealership never said anything about that when i purchased the truck, all i knew was that it had a 37k mile 3 year warrenty. well took the truck to the dealer and it should be done tomorow afternoon :headbang:

thanks
Ramatorn

·
Registered
27 Posts
Ramatorn said:
Ok so i own a 05 taco, 4wd. I recently was driving and started to hear a gridning poping noise from my front left side. well warrenty run out and all i decided to take the taco to my garage and figure the problem out, well i pulled everything apart and found that the hub assembaly bearings where shot. well i went to the dealer thinking i could just buy the hole assembaly but i guess you can only get the base and the inner part that holds the lug bolts. now i need help on what to buy to fix this. are the bearings removable? i dont know what i should buy, and am i going to have to find a press to take the hub apart? someone please help!!

thanks
Ramatorn
Wow you allready went over your warrenty in a year? must of done some extreme driving :waytogo:

·
Registered
4,741 Posts
Ramatorn said:
ahhh... thank you very much! the duches at the dealership never said anything about that when i purchased the truck, all i knew was that it had a 37k mile 3 year warrenty. well took the truck to the dealer and it should be done tomorow afternoon :headbang:

thanks
Ramatorn
That's what the warranty manual that comes with your truck is for. A lot of the time, sales reps don't know a lot about what they are selling, so you should always do your own research.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah i have 43k mile's, i bought the truck used last febuary with 20 thousand miles. i currently do about 10 trips from WV to FL so miles are racking up. but yeah they dident give me a warrenty sheet at the dealer but thanks for all your help!

Ramatorn

·
Waxed to Perfection
5,658 Posts
If he purchased it used from a Toyota dealer it has a 100,000 mile warranty being that it is a certified used vehicle.. And that warranty supercedes the factory 5 year, 60k plan..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts