Toyota Tacoma Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
iight so i just bought a rear window off of someone on here and alls it was is the glass itself :brickknoc , i need what ever else it takes to put it in, i'm guessing the gasket and a casing . . . . . where do i get this for cheap becaause i know if i go to the dealer it will be $$$ hopefully alls i need is a gasket . . . . . hopefully iight well let me know what all i need and how much and where . . . thanks guys :waytogo:

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hahaha sorry guys i just confused you . . . . i just bought a solid rear glass that came as JUST the glass itself . . . i need the casing and gasket or w/e goes around it . . . . i dn't think i can use mine now because i have a sliding rear glass on my truck . . . . i am wanting to put the solid in . . . . on my sliding it has the metal casing and then a gasket . . . on the solid do you just use the gasket and it has no metal casing around it ? thanks:brickknoc :brickknoc :brickknoc

·
Registered
4,196 Posts
I just got a Sliding rear window put in and I used the same gasket from the solid rear window, I sold the window to another member on here and he used his sliding gasket on his new rear window, It will fit

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
iight guys sweet . . . . thanks a bunch . . . . i just didn't know because on the rear sliding glass it has the metal casing around it . . . . but thansk guys i'll try not to rip my old gasket hahahaha thanks guys . . . . . .

·
Registered
5,665 Posts
bro do it right, dont use the same gasket, yes it will work but it will look horrible compared to what it should look like with the solid window gasket....the gasket is suppose to be flush with the window, smooth....Ive already done the slider gasket on solid window method, then I did it the right way and it looks like it should...trust me

·
ice cream taco
3,756 Posts
yea the gaskets are diffirent

·
Registered
5,665 Posts
I know what you guys are saying....its not an obvious thing, and it may not bother you, but it bugged me when I had it, because it wasnt flush like I knew it should have been with the solid window gasket....but like I said, if it dont bug I say go for it :waytogo: , just giving heads up to people like me :silly:

·
ice cream taco
3,756 Posts
that does look ok...hmmm i thought the solid window gaskets were thicker than the slider gaskets..maybe just not by much...?:shrug:

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
iight well i'm just gonna switch em out tomorrow . . . . hopefully everything goes smoothly . . . i got some small rope to go all the way around the gasket . . . . so lets hope nothing goes wrong . . . :waytogo:

·
Registered
5,665 Posts
jerry said:
See It looks fine:waytogo:

I know why bro, you have the right and perfect gasket, you had the solid window gasket on your slider, cause its rare to have a single cab with a slider window, so someone before you had a solid who wanted a slider and used the same gasket, and you corrected the problem :waytogo:

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Dropitmore said:
I know why bro, you have the right and perfect gasket, you had the solid window gasket on your slider, cause its rare to have a single cab with a slider window, so someone before you had a solid who wanted a slider and used the same gasket, and you corrected the problem :waytogo:

:thinking: Maybe I did I bought the truck used with the slider already in it:selfbonk:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts