Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure you're wondering why I've gathered you all here. I'm looking to buy these and paying a member to help me install them, but I wanted to get opinions on them first.

I've got a 4" DJM lowering blocks with pre-runner springs. I've got maybe 2" clearance between axle and frame, and on a hard bump they strike.

Maybe someone can point me to a member who can do a mini notch.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I bought the same ones and installed them maybe 2 months ago and it went pretty smoothly. The quality on them in my opinion is great, no reason not to recommend anyone else to get them. Couple things that I noticed, take all this with a grain of salt as I'm new to mini trucks.

- He has videos on his YouTube that shows how he does the notch which helped me finding the axle centerline, supporting the frame, and such.

- The notch has some bumps in them that line up with bumps in the frame itself which helped a lot lining them up.

- I bought energy 1" button bump stops part number ENE-9.9116G and installed them before welding it all up. In hindsight if I ever have to take them out or replace them it's gonna be really hard. Might be easier to weld in captive nuts.

- Straightening the brake lines was a real pita, buy a brake line bender or straightener, makes it cleaner.

I think having the notch is almost necessary for a 4" drop, I drove it for a month before I couldn't stand how often it would bottom out. Hopefully this helps some.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
- I bought energy 1" button bump stops part number ENE-9.9116G and installed them before welding it all up. In hindsight if I ever have to take them out or replace them it's gonna be really hard. Might be easier to weld in captive nuts.

That's incredibly helpful, thank you! You wouldn't remember the bolt size for those would you?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm sure you're wondering why I've gathered you all here. I'm looking to buy these and paying a member to help me install them, but I wanted to get opinions on them first.

I've got a 4" DJM lowering blocks with pre-runner springs. I've got maybe 2" clearance between axle and frame, and on a hard bump they strike.

Maybe someone can point me to a member who can do a mini notch.
Are you taking your truck to a shop to get this done? or are you doing it yourself?
interested to know where in socal you going, so i can take mine as well :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Are you taking your truck to a shop to get this done? or are you doing it yourself?
interested to know where in socal you going, so i can take mine as well :)
I'm working with a buddy to get it done, I might get a shop to do it though. I'll keep you updated

1 - 7 of 7 Posts