Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

my dad was driving my truck and some one decided to hit him from behind:brickknoc
it doesnt look too bad but...
i took it to the toyota dealer and they wanted to charge 3000$ to fix it
so im taking it to a really good shop i know of and they are doing it for 1300$
o well im not paying for it haha:lol:

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
get the estimate from the dealer for 3000, then get the check from the other persons insurance for 3000. then go to the body shop charging you 1300, u get the rest for yourself. maybe add a little something to your truck

·
Registered
4,196 Posts
TheBeachCruiser said:
get the estimate from the dealer for 3000, then get the check from the other persons insurance for 3000. then go to the body shop charging you 1300, u get the rest for yourself. maybe add a little something to your truck
Exactly

·
Registered
533 Posts
The taco curse strikes yet again.

But like the others said, use the estimate from the dealership, but the body shop for the work. You could buy some nice stuff for the X with the rest.

·
Premium Member
10,387 Posts
If you ever goto court, you have to get 3 quotes... You always get the lowest one...

·
Registered
106 Posts
if you do go to court, just get 3 quotes from 3 different dealerships! then use the body shop of your choice.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
TheBeachCruiser said:
Ive done that before...

With my old car..which I didnt care about anymore, I got hit by a drunk...about $2,000 in damages...their insurance sent me a check for the fix, I didnt even take it in. That money went torwards the XR....:lol:

Plus, what kind if court would he be going to? And who would take you to court....the person that hit you? The insurance already deemed fault on their insured, then they are going to pay you no problem...you just say you want it fixed at Toyota. They only thing they can do is small claims...but for what? Get the $3,000 and take it to the body shop...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts