Toyota Tacoma Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks!

I have an 04' 4x4 v6 SR5 that is having a wee bit of an issue. It started pretty randomly, but when I accelerate while the car is cold, the car shudders pretty aggressively. When I take my foot off the gas it stops, there is no real noise associated, simply an aggressive vibration. Also, once the car warms up it runs totally fine.
It has 206,000 miles and I recently had the timing belt done. I tried throwing some sea foam in her and replacing the fuel filter but that did not remedy the issue.
Let me know if anyone can offer some advice!

Cheers!

·
Mambeau / Admin
47,972 Posts
(1) Welcome to CT!

(2) Does this shuddering seem to be originating with the engine? If you can't clearly blame it on the engine, could it be slippage in the transmission?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey folks!

I have an 04' 4x4 v6 SR5 that is having a wee bit of an issue. It started pretty randomly, but when I accelerate while the car is cold, the car shudders pretty aggressively. When I take my foot off the gas it stops, there is no real noise associated, simply an aggressive vibration. Also, once the car warms up it runs totally fine.
It has 206,000 miles and I recently had the timing belt done. I tried throwing some sea foam in her and replacing the fuel filter, but that did not remedy the issue.
Let me know if anyone can offer some advice!

Cheers!
I would check for a small vacuum leak paying close attention to the TPS and IAC. Usually, these will kick you a code but not always. Good luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts