Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

501 - 520 of 530 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
What are the specs of your box kenneth? It looks pretty small and those ports look more like air leaks
No unfortunately for now they're terminal cup sized ports, I havent figured out how to calculate the specs on the box yet so I cut a couple of small holes and ran about a foot of pipe in each, but I think they sound pretty good regardless.. I will have larger ports though once I figure out how that's done... Btw the box is bigger than it looks.. I like to suprise people when they sit in the back seat!

Attachments

·
Registered
88 Posts
I was wondering why the carpet was folded up, that explains it. Look around some car audio site to learn more about tuning boxes and port area, tuning, etc to learn more about it. trust me, in the right enclosure those subs will pound
I read that they sound best in a box that's a little bit bigger than jls reccomendations and I'm pretty sure that's where I'm at with the dropped floor but I want to do the math and find out exactly what size the box is before I finish the ports. They're already so loud its stupid so I can't wait to hear what they sound like when I tune them right

·
StepSIde
3,295 Posts
The tweeters mounting in the stock location was a big deal to me. I made a little rubber grommet to fit the contour of the door panel.

It's a tight squeeze behind the rear seat with the woofer but the box fits perfect. A little space opens up when the seat backs are locked in place.

Looking good. :waytogo:

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
Anyone know what size speaker cutout the stock speaker brackets allows with a mdf spacer put on top for added depth? I want to buy some Image Dynamics CTX 6.5's which have a 5 5/8 cutout. Not sure if the stock brackets with a mdf spacer added will work or if i need something custom made. I no longer have the stock bracket to see if it will work or not.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Ill Upload the pics of the amps in the bed later

Attachments

·
Registered
361 Posts
So, thought I'd contribute. This is my setup from back in 01 or 02... and still in my truck today.

Has a pioneer deck (can't remember the model right now).
2x Image Dynamics 10" woofers, DVC small box ones.
2x 5.25" Focal Components (cant remember model, has yellow kevlar cones though).
Zapco AG350 for the components
Zapco AG750 for the subs
Used 4-runner tweeter pods to keep the factory look on the doors (no cutting panels to fit tweeters for me).
Custom boxes built into the side panels to retain factory floor storage, and with the way the amps fit I didn't loose use of the back seat.

Attachments

·
Registered
93 Posts

this is my first system and it was definitely a budget build, but it sounds good and gets louder than i need in a single cab.

Hifonics Zeus series 300W 4-channel bridgeable
Kicker Comp 10 on 150W bridged; sealed box with truck bed liner coating
Infinity Component 6.75" with 1" tweets on crossovers each on 75W

The Sub also has an aluminum grill on it now

Truck is a '96 mini

Attachments

·
Registered
561 Posts
Ham radio install

For years I used my HT (handie-talkie....handheld ham radio) in my truck, but I was ready for something permanent and higher power. I wanted something that could be remote mounted (small faceplate mounted up front with the main power unit hid elsewhere). I decided on the Yaesu FT-8800R (2m 50W, 70cm 35W).

I wanted the faceplate front and center so I could see and control it easily. The faceplate wouldn't quite fit into the pocket below my radio so I cut the top center out of the tray to make room.

I mounted the main power unit behind the rear seat on the rear wall.

I replaced the MFJ antenna I was using with my HT with a Diamond NR-73BNMO antenna on the rear corner of the truck. It isn't quite as ideal as the roof, but the corner location gets it away from the cab. I can also still get in the garage.

I used the included faceplate mount which lets me slide off the faceplate easily.
Now you see it:

Now you don't:

Attachments

·
Registered
83 Posts
Picked up some seats out of a 2007 mitsubishi eclipse yesterday for 80 bucks. They've got a lot more lateral support than the stock seats. Hopefully I can get some brackets fabbed up and get them in there.

Anyone have any ideas for a center console? My truck (2003 ext cab) came with the 60/40 deal.

I would be fine with putting a center console out of a taco with buckets in there but I'm thinking I could get something better out of another car.

·
Mambeau / Admin
47,643 Posts
Since you're going to be installing aftermarket seats, I'd recommend waiting until after the seat install to see exactly how much space you'll have for accommodating a center console. It might be that there's something about a possible console (size; configuration; whatever ...) you won't see or realize until the new seats are in place.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Yea, that's how I was planning on doing it. I just hope it's not too much work getting them to bolt up. I'm at school in OH and my dad bought them at a swap meet in KY. Paid $80 for em and haven't even sat in them!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Plasti-dipped manual surround and lower dash below head unit. Also below steering wheel. I ran out of dip though, so I have to go back and finish the lower dash piece, and the other piece around the emergency brake. I also sprayed the kick panels.

I would like to eventually do the door trim on the floor board, but passenger side is broke. Also like to do trim in the back, but getting around the seatbelts i'm not looking forward to...

Its kind of hard to tell, but it is pretty close to the black color surround that came stock around cluster and head unit.... Let me know what you think....

Attachments

501 - 520 of 530 Posts