Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

761 - 780 of 817 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Does anybody know if this measurement will fit out trucks?

18x9
Offset: +24 mm.
Backspacing: 5.95 in.

or

18x10
Offset: +22 mm.
Backspacing: 6.38 in.

What tire size? Drop? I'm running 17x9 +10 all around lowered 4/5. 4x4 fenders, the front don't rub, I've rolled the rear so it don't rub any more.

·
Registered
42 Posts
What tire size? Drop? I'm running 17x9 +10 all around lowered 4/5. 4x4 fenders, the front don't rub, I've rolled the rear so it don't rub any more.

I am doing a 5/6 drop with rolled fenders and running a rear sway bar. Tires im not sure yet probably a 245/45-18 or 255/45/18 it all depends on how much of a stretch i would need to avoid rubbing on the fenders

·
Registered
339 Posts
I am doing a 5/6 drop with rolled fenders and running a rear sway bar. Tires im not sure yet probably a 245/45-18 or 255/45/18 it all depends on how much of a stretch i would need to avoid rubbing on the fenders
At the moment I've got 245/45 but I usually run 225/45 . The 245 ain't hardly stretched at all. I like the 225 better.

·
Registered
471 Posts
The amount of stretch depends on how wide the rim is.....

·
ADMlNAHATER
8,720 Posts
TSW VALENCIA 18X9.5 WITH 235's up front and 295-38-18 out back !
Up front, why such a wide wheel and a narrow tire?

Why not just get a 18 x 8?

Ya got a little mexipoke going on out back, I hope you never have to use it as a truck..

You can pull the bedsides outwards about 2" to get it a little closer..

I'd say it needs a little drop, but you mite be limited with your wheel/tire selection.

All in all, it's a good looking setup.

I'll be stuffing some meats and tucking soon.. 265's possibly.. :waytogo:

Attachments

·
Registered
141 Posts
You can pull the bedsides outwards about 2" to get it a little closer..

:waytogo:
Chris, enlighten us on this statement. I'm using wheels off a stang as well and the offset makes them poke out a bit. I put the later model fenders on the front but am not sure what to do in the back. Thought about the Bushwacker Street flares. Here is my set up

Attachments

·
Registered
339 Posts
Chris, enlighten us on this statement. I'm using wheels off a stang as well and the offset makes them poke out a bit. I put the later model fenders on the front but am not sure what to do in the back. Thought about the Bushwacker Street flares. Here is my set up
I'm rockn a set of 17x9.5 gay azz mustang rims, I put on the 4x4 fenders also an I ended up running a 225/45. Its pretty well hella flush now.

·
ADMlNAHATER
8,720 Posts
Thick gloves

Pull the bedside out by the upper lip of the rear wheel opening.
I got about 2" more out of doing this.

Now the tire/wheel is more flush.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Wow haven't updated in a while. Here is a few shots of the progress on the Tacoma. Went 5/6 drop finally and new shoes 17x9 +20 fronts (25mm spacer on the wheels) and 17x9+45 rear Enkei RPF1 SBC. Wrapped in 215/40/17 Nitto Neogens.

Attachments

·
Registered
471 Posts
franky, truck looks great! is your grille color matched?

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
Wow haven't updated in a while. Here is a few shots of the progress on the Tacoma. Went 5/6 drop finally and new shoes 17x9 +20 fronts (25mm spacer on the wheels) and 17x9+45 rear Enkei RPF1 SBC. Wrapped in 215/40/17 Nitto Neogens.
Truck looks real nice:waytogo:

·
Registered
135 Posts

Here is my 97 with 20x8 Konig Unknown wheels 40 mm 245-35-20 tires
2inch block in rear

·
Registered
23 Posts
some crown vics as seen on quite a few trucks already lol

ProjectRtaco.jpg

need some new rims what to choose :thinking::doah:

·
Registered
471 Posts
Hoosierdaddy, diggin the truck! what drop are you at in the front, it looks great with the crown vics!:waytogo:

761 - 780 of 817 Posts