3,895 Posts
2/2 drop on 16" s-runner wheels w/ 225/50/16:

4/4 drop on 17" maxxim harpoons, +42mm offset, w/ 225/45/17:

one more set comming soon :waytogo:

Attachments

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
2" front suspension lift and 2" body lift on 15x7 cragers, 4.25" BS, w/ 235/75/15:

5/6 drop on 18" enkie rp07's, 42mm offset, w/ 225/40/18:

one more set comming soon :waytogo:

Attachments

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
Interesting lol. Here is the third owner of those same wheels :lol:
Except with a 3/3 drop

nice wheels ... ;) ... wish i had a pic of them on dans truck so all 3 would be in the same thread :evil:

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
Did you ever have rubbing problems with this setup?
a little on the battery tray on large dips in the road ... other than that ... no ... i have no fender liners ... KYB gas-a-ajust's ... and beat in a few spots on my wheel wells that needed some attention :waytogo: ... can't beat the area in around the battery tray w/o relocating the battery, but the rubbing wasnt too bad ...

·
Registered
699 Posts
Got tired of spinning my 275/45/18 Yoko's, just mounted a pair of 285/60/18 BFG KDW-2's. Way tooo big!!!:doah: As I left the tire shop I was rubbing on every bump (lowered 2" w/blocks), I had to immediately pull into a grocery store parking lot & buy an adj wrench to take off my flares!!:lol: I made it home ok & pulled out the blocks so now it sits up like a Pre-Runner in the rear:looney: . The 255/45/18's on the front fit fine with Eibach's. I also replaced all the shocks with new Tokiko's.I bought the BFG's cause they were the biggest tire I could fit on 9" rims. I DO have a lot of traction but I think that is mainly because I went from 26" to 31" tires. I think I can go with 1" blocks and 4:11 gears to make it work.

·
Registered
4,513 Posts
a little on the battery tray on large dips in the road ... other than that ... no ... i have no fender liners ... KYB gas-a-ajust's ... and beat in a few spots on my wheel wells that needed some attention :waytogo: ... can't beat the area in around the battery tray w/o relocating the battery, but the rubbing wasnt too bad ...
so maybe 18s are a bit big for me?

·
Registered
9,300 Posts
so maybe 18s are a bit big for me?
What drop do you have? I'm 3/4 b/j flip & blocks, runnin' stockies until I get the $ for 18's. Everyone seems to be runnin' 225/40/18...seems a bit small for my taste. I saw a truck with 235 on it and it looked fine. The setup I'm going to try is gonna be 18x7.5 with 42mm offset and 245/40/18. I didn't think that width would work up front on a 3" drop, the Discount tire dummy says it will, but we'll see. I'd love to have the width up front for handling. As far as the height goes, it should come to exactly what my stockers are at right now...25" high measured with a tape by eye. If that works up front I'll be stoked, and I'll prob. just run that size in the rear as well, so I can rotate when needed.

·
Registered
9,300 Posts
What do you think? Too big??:doah: I think they will be for sale next payday:lol: I can light them up but they are so tall I bog down bad.
Depends what your goin' for. For the street I think I'd bring the rear down a few inches,and definetely run a smaller sidewall, the front seems decent though. Get some better shots of the trucks' stance from the side. What are those rear tires, 255/70's...?

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Did you c notch the back?

·
Registered
699 Posts
Brakes are 14" front & rear by Precision Brakes and they stop on a DIME! I Just ordered the same tire in 285/40/18 so these will be for sale soon. I have a bad habit of drinking a few Wild Turkey 101's and buying sh!t without thinking:doah: I was just looking for the largest tire I could fit on 9" rims and they were on sale and I didn't think about the results- HA HA!!!!:lol: I had to remove my 2" blocks to get them to fit, so I think I can put them back in with the 285/40's. All the guys at work are giving me a load of crap so I will have new tires by the weekend.:silly:

1 - 20 of 817 Posts