Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1161 - 1180 of 1190 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Thanks,
I assumed someone would provide that info... and I could do the math
I'm planning on 255-40-17 which is about 25" outside diameter
3 inch block under the axle puts the bottom of the frame about 7 1/4" off the ground

·
Registered
114 Posts
Hi guys
anyone want to give me a heads up on some frame measurement for given tire diameter?
I'm looking for simple tape measurement of:
-bottom of frame off the ground
- gap between top of axle and bottom of frame (I can figure out how high to notch up)

trying to work out measurements for c-notch and shock placement off the axle and the 4-link I'm fabricating... truck is currently gutted... just trying to figure out what to shoot for,
I will be "best buds" with anyone who helps me... and I promise I will be giving back to the community with a build thread, part numbers, and pics...
Cheers again,
my current plan is 255-40-17's (25" OD) and 17x9.5 +18 RPF1s

·
Registered
114 Posts
I'm not sure if I should be asking this somewhere else...since no one is responding, just thought this group guys would know the answer... ; )
would you like a picture of my work in progress...?
... would that help get an answer?
2 minutes with a tape measure could literally save me hours....

I don't mind being 2 inches off, but if I'm off my 3/16"... oiy
If I don't get a response by tonight.. I"ll just go for it..

cheers for now,

·
Registered
114 Posts
just finished welding on the front 4-link tabs...(so never mind...I'll find out at some point...)
25" Speedway swedge tubes and FK PMX-12T Heims
aluminum high alignment spacers are in the mail...still need to turn those down on the lathe
progress pics. to come... if anyone is interested truck is pretty gutted right now..
-will also be installing catfish customs 2.5" drop spindles-- hopefully in the mail mañana
cheers for now,
Jim

·
Registered
43 Posts
I like your drop set up whats your specs?....i have belltech 2inch lowering springs and a 3inch drop blocks,im planning on doin a bj flip...how do i get mine looking like yours

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
LookIin good, yours is defiantly one of my favorites on the site.... Where did you get you side mirrors?
Thanks, my truck still runs good after 10 years of boost. Swapped side mirrors with a friend who has a 04 taco. It fits, just had to drill a hole for the adjustment handle/tickler.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Thanks, my truck still runs good after 10 years of boost. Swapped side mirrors with a friend who has a 04 taco. It fits, just had to drill a hole for the adjustment handle/tickler.
Thats awesome. and you pieced together your turbo setup didnt you?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Any problems with camber after you lowered your truck? Btw its a beautiful truck

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

1161 - 1180 of 1190 Posts