Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

Should the turbo truck come back???

• Naw fix it up and drive it!!!!

Votes: 6 9.1%
  • Yes ring it back faster then ever!!!

Votes: 49 74.2%
  • No, sale the truck and put money into 1969 charger!!!

Votes: 11 16.7%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
BOOSTPIMP
12,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about it comng back to life. What do you all think?? Maybe another ghetto low budget turbo kit with a EBAY turbo?

·
Registered
824 Posts
A faster turbo taco would be sweet, but putting money into the charger would be a wiser choice, as they are becoming highly sought-after, and the prices are skyrocketing. They wont decrease in value and any money you put into it youre guaranteed to get it back and then some when it sells. A Tacoma would have the exact opposite effect, especially one thats been turbocharged.

·
Registered
14,487 Posts

·
BOOSTPIMP
12,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Firdaddy said:
but unless he plans on sellign it its useless.. and i knwo he dosent plan on sellign it.. and besides perofmance parts etc.. most work he would need money for woudnt be much.. seriously i understand .. but its held out this long...lol and plus it gets what jerry 6mpg?:jawdrop:
it gets 4mpg now and has a 8 gallon fuel cell so about 32 miles per tank HAHA. its together with a fresh built motor and dual carbs. i need time on it not much money to make it run well. money will be tires and body work and interior and paint.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Firdaddy said:
but unless he plans on sellign it its useless.. and i knwo he dosent plan on sellign it.. and besides perofmance parts etc.. most work he would need money for woudnt be much.. seriously i understand .. but its held out this long...lol and plus it gets what jerry 6mpg?:jawdrop:
Investments arent useless, and a 69 charger is an investment, he may not sell it, but if theres an emergency where he needs funds and has to sell it he would be better off.

And a 69 charger should NOT be a daily driver so who cares about MPG's

·
Registered
754 Posts
Even though the turbo taco wouldnt be a bad idea, I think I'd go with the charger. As stated earlier, this and other true muscle cars are becoming highly sought after and not to mention, this will be more unique. Sure you may not see a "turbo" taco everyday but when do you see a classic charger...hardly ever :selfbonk:

·
Registered
689 Posts
You have done built one turbo taco why start over again? But I agree that Charger will turn alot of heads when out on the town or the drag strip or even a hotrod event! finish the charger then if you still want the turbo taco back build it!

·
Registered
868 Posts
all the above :waytogo:

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
PIMPINTACOMA said:
Thinking about it comng back to life. What do you all think?? Maybe another ghetto low budget turbo kit with a EBAY turbo?
we need to have a custom-tacos online fundraiser for pimpintacoma's truck ! :waytogo: :waytogo: any donations ????every one threw in like $2.00 at lest maby he can buy a turbonetics turbo and maby he wont kill it and hopefully not himself the way he drives with all that power :lol: :lol: :draggin:

·
Registered
824 Posts
FourtyOz2Fredom said:
What's wrong with you guys?:shrug: Turbo that taco!!!
Maybe you dont understand, Old Mopars are highly valued, worth quite a bit of money. I have recently seen '69 chargers are going for 40-60k , the prices for them have skyrocketed recently and continue to, a wise decision would be to put money into the charger, but to each his own.

·
Registered
4,196 Posts
Tirefryer said:
Maybe you dont understand, Old Mopars are highly valued, worth quite a bit of money. I have recently seen '69 chargers are going for 40-60k , the prices for them have skyrocketed recently and continue to, a wise decision would be to put money into the charger, but to each his own.
I understand completly, but being someone who doesn't care for old mopar, I say turbo the taco, why? Because this is custom tacos.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts