Toyota Tacoma Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My first post here, looking for ideas for a front lift but not for off-roading. I do use the truck for hauling and finally replaced the back leafs which were horribly shot for the last 10 yrs. Went with the HD version from General Spring. Stock truck though. But the rear is now way up in the air , several inches just from the new springs!!! Im running 10 yr old Gabriel shocks so was thinking to just upgrade to something that can take a load but not really off-roading (maybe sometime). Any ideas out there for lifting the front the correct way like a reasonable coil over kit with a new 5100 Bilstein set? Where to folks shop?

·
Mambeau / Admin
48,017 Posts
(1) Welcome to CT!

(2) I'd recommend doing whatever you need to do about the rear shocks first, so you can reliably tell what amount of lift you're going to try to match with the front suspension change(s).

·
Registered
15 Posts
My first post here, looking for ideas for a front lift but not for off-roading. I do use the truck for hauling and finally replaced the back leafs which were horribly shot for the last 10 yrs. Went with the HD version from General Spring. Stock truck though. But the rear is now way up in the air , several inches just from the new springs!!! Im running 10 yr old Gabriel shocks so was thinking to just upgrade to something that can take a load but not really off-roading (maybe sometime). Any ideas out there for lifting the front the correct way like a reasonable coil over kit with a new 5100 Bilstein set? Where to folks shop? View attachment 135929
Hey, welcome!

This is a great site for answers and Enola has helped me figure stuff out a couple times. I'm not the best person to answer your questions but I wanted to say hi and let you know you're in the right place!!
P.s. 1st generation tacos are the best!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts