Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
GSX-Runner said:
Do you park your truck in your livingroom everynight? :lol:

JK, nice garage.

:lol: That's what I was thinking. :runaway:

As far as the headlight mod I am not sure if I am going to do it to my truck either :shrug:

·
more Ψ
2,682 Posts
Yes. :waytogo:

They should come from the factory with black headlights!

·
Mambeau / Admin
47,863 Posts
GSX-Runner said:
Do you park your truck in your livingroom everynight? :lol:
Doesn't your Taco like to sit up all night watching Speed?.... :thinking:

:evil:

·
Registered
66 Posts
Dogo, I would mod your headlights, yes.... But doing the blackout mod, thats a personal preference. I did the clear mod myself and like it a whole lot better then the blackout mod.

·
Registered
66 Posts

i took my lights apart and removed the lens and reflector from it. Its completely clear...problem is with this picture is that the turn signal bulbs are orange.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Xmoney that looks good, and the bulb thing can be fixed.

But DOGO, you could go either way with it. Either clear mod, so you can have more chrome, or painted to match, so you have the badass red housing. Your deal, but I highly suggest you do at least one of them.

Just follow the directions written in the tech writeup to the best of your abilities.

http://www.customtacos.com/tech/index.php?article=222

·
Registered
66 Posts
HERE is a better pic... i'm not posting it in here because its over a meg.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Sounds like u ALL have done this mod... I'm scared to try it... If ur headlight hits the side of the oven... will it melt it? any suggestions if my light snugs my oven?

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Korova said:
Xmoney that looks good, and the bulb thing can be fixed.

But DOGO, you could go either way with it. Either clear mod, so you can have more chrome, or painted to match, so you have the badass red housing. Your deal, but I highly suggest you do at least one of them.

Just follow the directions written in the tech writeup to the best of your abilities.

http://www.customtacos.com/tech/index.php?article=222
Thanks Korova! I'm really going into the red. I will let you know after Nov the outcome. :waytogo:

·
ADMlNAHATER
8,739 Posts
azntony85 said:
Sounds like u ALL have done this mod... I'm scared to try it... If ur headlight hits the side of the oven... will it melt it? any suggestions if my light snugs my oven?
use the pid to a cardboard box, its not like your driving around with the oven..

Red, do it!!!!!

The mass majority has done black or amber delete,
I believe you'd be the first (non photochopped) red headlight modded truck if ya did.. :waytogo:

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
dude a red truck would look sick with black out mod. ****ING AWERSOME DO IT don't be a *****. On a bad note.. i found a complete 05 durango light on the ground on my way home from work. I picked it up so i could practice retrofitting. The first step i set it in the oven to 400, came back after 10 minutes and the ****er had melted completely haha. Next time, i will definitely watch it every second. I suggest the same

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Chris D. said:
uh ya dont go that high.. 250ish tops.. In my experiences..

He'd have red (truck), black (headlights) and chrome (billet grills) in the front, it would look a little too busy..

Red man! stand out a little..
I will Chris, but I need the paint number for the truck so I can send it to get ready when I get home. I only have 5 days at home.

So please can someone check the truck and give me the paint number?

1 - 20 of 38 Posts