Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright, i did the bj flip a while back and when i got an alignment done they said they couldnt do anything about the camber. theres still like 2 shims on each side on the upper control arms tho. so i was wondering if i pull those out would it fix the camber and if so would i have to get another alignment? any advice would be much appreciated. its not really essential for me to do it, i just thought it might make my tires last just a little longer since i drive like a hundred miles a day. thanks guys

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
slamdyota said:
yeah take it somewhere else. i have no shims left on mine with b/j flip and coils
Do you remeber the final adjustment specs? On mine with no shims and bj flip I was able to get the camber to 1 degree negative on both sides.

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
if all the shims are the same thickness at each spot and you are at say -2 degrees right now. just take them out. i think the best i say in the past anyone could get on a stock upper a arm after a BJ swap was -1.5 but tacomaman says he had -1 with no shims. it wouldnt get you back to 0 but its actually no problem to be at -1 degree and will help make the truck handle better. so take them all out. you will need a 17mm wrench and some elbow grease.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts